Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 49 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally put my fog light bezels back in today after painting them and throwing in some mesh , they came out alright for a trial , is i had more time i'd probably do em a little neater , gotta see how long the paint will last before i do em again.

sorry about the dark photos it was late when i decided to put em in , ill get some better ones during the week.

IMG_2534.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

IMG_2529.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

PC040179.jpg

PC040180.jpg

PC040181.jpg

PC040182.jpg

Finally put my fog light bezels back in today after painting them and throwing in some mesh , they came out alright for a trial , is i had more time i'd probably do em a little neater , gotta see how long the paint will last before i do em again.

sorry about the dark photos it was late when i decided to put em in , ill get some better ones during the week.
That looks AWESOME!!!!! :thumbsup: I may do that to my Ex's fog light bezels!

Good Looking Ex! Any mods or plans for it?

Finally put my fog light bezels back in today

IMG_2534.jpg

Nice mod man... did you cut the bezels out so the mesh would show? What did you use to cut it.. what did you use for mesh?

Thumbs up:thumbsup:

That looks AWESOME!!!!! :thumbsup: I may do that to my Ex's fog light bezels!

Good Looking Ex! Any mods or plans for it?

Thanks! I would like to get bigger tires but keep it stock height for now, get a hunter brush guard and tail light guards, and a bigger roof rack and lights. thats all i got for plans so far but im sure i will have many more to come!

nice explorers u guys got

1212101400.jpg

n. gardners ex is lifted, check his sig

i have running boards, i think theyre goin on next week for the snow

NHarris said:
When you look for tail light guards, you can get the 06-10 ones (like I did), because they fit. They were cheaper than the 02-05 ones.

really? cool! how much were they? where did you get em? and also question what size tires do you have? and do you have a lift?
sorry for all the questions!

Nice mod man... did you cut the bezels out so the mesh would show? What did you use to cut it.. what did you use for mesh?

Thumbs up:thumbsup:

Yeh mate i cut the plastic stuff out and stuck the mesh in behind. I used a sll hacksaw blade to cut the plastic as close as i could to the edges, then used a miniature file set (like a hobby set with straight, curved, round etc..) to smooth it right back. And of course painted em gloss black while i was at it. oh and the mesh i used is just the stuff u buy from an auto store , its jus generic mesh that gets used alot in ricers for their bodykits and such.

They were $50.00 with free shipping. The 02-05's were $50.00 + $15.00 Shipping. When you install em; they just bolt right on. No other stuff needed. Funny thing; the instructions have the 05 tail lights :D Anyways I got em on ebaymotors:
2006-2008 FORD EXPLORER REAR TAIL LIGHT GUARD COVER B/K
Here's how they look (incase you didn't see em posted further up on the page)
fordtlguards.jpg

As for tires and lift....
I have 245/70/16's and no lift. I think the largest you can go with no lift and no rubbing is 265/75/16.

Nice! thanks man, i really like the tail light guards and being in oklahoma you never know when hail will come and destroy your car :O totalled my moms car. i also wanna do an intake but the stupid intake is connected to the maf, i did find the intake mod by caldwell though so i might do that

Nice! thanks man, i really like the tail light guards and being in oklahoma you never know when hail will come and destroy your car :O totalled my moms car. i also wanna do an intake but the stupid intake is connected to the maf, i did find the intake mod by caldwell though so i might do that

Yeah, I also have an intake on my explorer. You can run the "stage 2" which is the stock airbox with 3" tubing, or you could try my route...a cheap $30 intake with another $30-40.00 for the MAF sensor adapter. My MAF wires were exposed in this pic, but I've re-done the tape.
newestintake.jpg

Yeah, I also have an intake on my explorer. You can run the "stage 2" which is the stock airbox with 3" tubing, or you could try my route...a cheap $30 intake with another $30-40.00 for the MAF sensor adapter. My MAF wires were exposed in this pic, but I've re-done the tape.
newestintake.jpg

i really like the way you did yours, what all did you have to get before you could put it on?
and the 3" tubing would just need connectors to properly connect to the airbox?

i really like the way you did yours, what all did you have to get before you could put it on?
and the 3" tubing would just need connectors to properly connect to the airbox?

This is caldwell's set-up. No messing with the MAF sensor
intake2.jpg

My set-up involves
Spectre MAF sensor adapter
And an intake that's not available anymore. You could do caldwell's set-up and use the adapter that's provided above and do an open cone filter.

Here's the Stage 2 intake write up.
" Stage 2 " Intake 04-05
And here's a spectre intake set-up...
04-05 V6 Spectre Intake Complete Kit

This is caldwell's set-up. No messing with the MAF sensor
intake2.jpg

My set-up involves
Spectre MAF sensor adapter
And an intake that's not available anymore. You could do caldwell's set-up and use the adapter that's provided above and do an open cone filter.

Here's the Stage 2 intake write up.
" Stage 2 " Intake 04-05
And here's a spectre intake set-up...
04-05 V6 Spectre Intake Complete Kit

thanks man! this really helped me! by the way i like your explorer and the 4.0 badge!

here are some pictures of my new bar i put on my ex

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

Bloody good job on that bar mate, Looks wicked:D:thumbsup:

Looks really nice. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks awesome! Definately a one of a kind Baja/Bull Bar. Good job on it :thumbsup:

Back