Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 79 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Looks great Seanc11b!! Can't wait to do mine. just wish it was a V8..haha.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

heres a short vid of me adding some squeeze to the x...i would have kept going but it was a dead end road...video quality blows i was using my phone.

th_VIDEO0007.jpg

Sean- Ride looks great!!! What shocks did you purchase and how to do feel the ride is compared to stock? Word is that it's usually pretty harsh? What size shot are you running? Hopefully you'll get it to the track and see what it runs N/A and with the NOS!

Sean- Ride looks great!!! What shocks did you purchase and how to do feel the ride is compared to stock? Word is that it's usually pretty harsh? What size shot are you running? Hopefully you'll get it to the track and see what it runs N/A and with the NOS!

thanks...shocks up front are KYB Excel-G 341419..and the backs are KYB GR2 341327...the ride is a little bit harsh but not to bad and you will need to buy a camber kit if you lower yours...i was running a 100 shot in the video..im to scared to hold the button down longer...ill probably just go back to a 75 shot to be on the safe side.

sean, i checked the ground fource site and it says 1.6 inches all around lowered, do you know what the max tire size would be at this new hieght and what exactly it cost you, because 4 wheel parts show 3 different kits and ground force has one

sean, i checked the ground fource site and it says 1.6 inches all around lowered, do you know what the max tire size would be at this new hieght and what exactly it cost you, because 4 wheel parts show 3 different kits and ground force has one

im not exactly sure what the max tire size would be..im running 275/45's and have plenty of clearance..the groundforce kit i have is PN 9926 for $279 from jegs...some places say there are different kits for V6 and V8 but that is the only one ground force offers

that is what i was reading too, thank you for the conformation and sweet i would love that size tire...i'm now gonna be looking into this..i'm hoping that i can get all these ideas measured out in my head or with help.. u said 20" right, and is urs a 4x4 (appears to be in the first couple pics)

that is what i was reading too, thank you for the conformation and sweet i would love that size tire...i'm now gonna be looking into this..i'm hoping that i can get all these ideas measured out in my head or with help.. u said 20" right, and is urs a 4x4

yea tire size is 275/45R20 and im 2WD...the lowering kit should work for both 2wd and 4wd

so, let me get this staright... for $350 wedge kit(camber kit) and the springs from ground force i get a lower ride that looks really nice, am i correct on this and could you somehow confirm that it works with 4x4?

bwilliams ... what is that beside your fog lights? and nice x

so, let me get this staright... for $350 wedge kit(camber kit) and the springs from ground force i get a lower ride that looks really nice, am i correct on this and could you somehow confirm that it works with 4x4?

i cant confirm that it will work for a 4x4 but according to the ground force website the kit will work on a 2wd or 4wd explorer.

but are my price figures correct.ish

DSCN0115.jpg

i have the same year but with the leather trim package and other stuff on the outside. HIDs, removed roofrack and tinted tails. leds on the license plate lights and all interior lights and blue leds under the dash.

im lookin to get new wheels, looking towards some cobra 20"s aand a GF lowering kit

Thanks, got the 4 piece grille from ebay for $120 shipped, sellers name was motors_zone. Mine was polished aluminum but I powder coated it black. The ebay seller wanted pics of it after install because they are gonna start selling them that way and they are using my Ex as the picture for the grille. So keep an eye out for them.

hey buddy i couldnt find the 4 peice grille or the seller ... can you supply a link?

the front camber kit is about $200.

so meaing for under $750 , camber kit, new shocks and taking it to the shop to get re alligned will get me in a lower riding x, correct?

so meaing for under $750 , camber kit, new shocks and taking it to the shop to get re alligned will get me in a lower riding x, correct?

Closer to $1000...springs were $279..shocks almost $400 can't remember exactly....camber kit $200 and $90 for the alignment...if you don't need new shocks the stock ones will work fine...my front ones were blown out so I just replaced them all.

Closer to $1000...springs were $279..shocks almost $400 can't remember exactly....camber kit $200 and $90 for the alignment...if you don't need new shocks the stock ones will work fine...my front ones were blown out so I just replaced them all.

Alright thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ebay has all 4 kyb struts for 325 shipped (i think) just an fyi ;) and thanks turbostang ... saving this seller

Back