Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 85 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Looks awesome!! :biggthump

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

X2, wicked:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It appears that this goes behind the emblem and just glows "around the edges". I guess just measure your emblem and go from there. If you measured it at "6 and a few" :dunno: Then you have to decide if "a few" is enough to warrant going with the 7" unit. Keep in mind that this is most likely illegal in all 50 states.

Yump I am aware. Thanks for looking out but I'm going to go with green.

Yump I am aware. Thanks for looking out but I'm going to go with green.

Good deal. Be sure to post up day & night pics of the finished product. :biggthump

I just put Falken Rocky Mountain's on my X (245/65/17). I'd never heard of Falken until I started shopping for tires, and they seemed good enough. I also like the look of the tread. They were also the right price. As far as I can tell, the Rocky Mountain is the same as the Falken Wild Peak. I think Falken makes the "Rocky Mountain" name specifically for Discount Tire. They look the same, and the RM is cheaper. I've only driven on 'em for about a week, and they've been good so far. :)

Thank's for letting us know about that mate. They sure make some good looking boot's.:thumbsup:

I just put the same size on mine.
I was going to go wider (275's) as they were $20 cheaper a tire for some reason but after posting here, seems they would not clear the steering knuckle.
Was then going to go with BF Goodrich, but all that was in stock was the rugged trail, and I didnt not like the tread pattern on them.

Went to another shop, they had similar prices but I asked about Nexen, there was one on display. I had heard good things about them, friend of mine races with them on his Grand National... The price was $600 all in with a 65k warranty

I think they look pretty good:thumbsup:
DSC03823.jpg

DSC03824.jpg

"The Explorer is lifted by using a rear end out of a 2005 sporttrack pickup with leafsprings the front is a dana 30 out of a jeep cherokie and leafsprings aswell"

Looks Great Wonder How It Rides..... Also Wonder If Its 4wd....

"The Explorer is lifted by using a rear end out of a 2005 sporttrack pickup with leafsprings the front is a dana 30 out of a jeep cherokie and leafsprings aswell"

Did you speak to the owner? We always wanted to see a dual SAS'd 3rd gen too bad there wasn't more pictures available of it.

I just put Falken Rocky Mountain's on my X (245/65/17). I'd never heard of Falken until I started shopping for tires, and they seemed good enough. I also like the look of the tread. They were also the right price. As far as I can tell, the Rocky Mountain is the same as the Falken Wild Peak. I think Falken makes the "Rocky Mountain" name specifically for Discount Tire. They look the same, and the RM is cheaper. I've only driven on 'em for about a week, and they've been good so far. :)

I was gonna buy some Falkens last Thursday from Americas Tire Co.(same as discount tire). But the guy behind the counter said he couldn't get them until Tuesday. I needed tires for the weekend so I went with Firestone destination A/T's.

I've spent the weekend with these and I love them. Major improvement over my old tires.(uniroyal laredo)

IMAG0364.jpg

IMAG0370.jpg

IMAG0374.jpg

I went from 235 to 255. Next up is a 1.5 lift.

ok so brandon at BTF and I have it set up for april 23rd to take my truck to him so he can do the upper arms on it. so he should be able to make them for you guys that need them not too long after that.

Good on you mate!! You're a legend!!!

ok so brandon at BTF and I have it set up for april 23rd to take my truck to him so he can do the upper arms on it. so he should be able to make them for you guys that need them not too long after that.

Thanks for the update and for being the guinea pig!

does anyone else have an adjustable upper arm on their explorer?

on my passenger side there is a two piece looking upper arm. it looks to be made to adjust the front end in an alignment situation.

did they come with this setup or is it just that an arm that is added aftermarket for front end alignments?

I decided to change my exhaust set-up since I cut my exhaust tip off. This set-up delivers a way deep tone.
duals.jpg

nate looks awesome ... so whats your current setup now? do you have any sound clips? mpg difference? or is that too soon? lol

and WTF happened to caldwell havent seen him on here for a long time

X2 on how did you route it and a soundclip mate, looking fine.

Alright so I went ahead and removed the 1.5" body lift and installed the full 3" kit. I wish I could say it went faster this time since I had installed the 1.5" before, but somehow it still took all day.

I realized after my spacer lift that I wanted it just a *bit* taller, and I also wanted to be able to use my tow hooks with the brush guard. I looked into making brackets for the tow hooks to mount to but between the metal plating, the welding, and the fact that they wouldn't be as strong as the stock mounting points, I figured it was cheaper and better to just do the 3" body lift since that would allow me to move my brushguard up.

So anyway, here is a pic! I'll install the brushguard again when I get some time. Now she measures 40" from ground to the top of the fenderwells:

IMG_4847-1.jpg

IMG_4846-1.jpg

You can see how it was before with the 1.75"/1.5" spacer lift and 1.5" body lift:

IMG_4837.jpg

And with just the 1.5" body lift:

CIMG0069-1.jpg

Now to get the brushguard back on, add more lights, and install the gears and locker!

I yanked my running boards off they get hung up and are useless offroad. A good light is a Hella yellow 3000k for low beams. Yellow cancels out allot of shadows and at least for me I see 10x bettter at night. If it foggy no sweat Piaa makes a yellow H3 fog light bulb too. That and I run red map lights, normal lights for when the door open. But red map lights do not interfer with me driving while the right side red light is on. Not to ramble but red light is also not no seen on night vision.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

John wayne ... I see the 101st quote ... but why are you worried about night vision in your pov ??? :D

Back