3rd gens, LED bulbs and message center... says bulb out when it's not? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd gens, LED bulbs and message center... says bulb out when it's not?

I figured I would try some 31 LED bulbs, 3157 in my tails.
They worked fine, blinked with signal, got brighter with brakelights, lit up brightly with lights on, much better than stock. But the message center said the LR and RR signal bulbs were out. So I put the stock 3157's back in. I don't want the message center driving me crazy while I drive. I hate that thing anyway, IT'S THE ULTIMATE IDIOT LIGHT, just like I hate the TPMS system or wonderful government forced on all the automakers because idiots are too lazy and/or dumb to check the air in the tires.

AD-3157-39W-2.jpg

im thinking the leds use such little power that the message center system doesnt register them and says theey're blown...

^ He's right ^ My buddy had an issue with that in his Lincoln, that's what they deduced...

Yep, the system doesnt detect them, because they literally use almost no power, get the Load Equalizers from AutoZone or Murrays,

when I had them in my 92 as taillights and 3rd brake light, the 3rd was ALWAYS on, but got brighter when i hit the brakes, my blinkers didnt work, for same reason, it thought a bulb was out, so load was un equal.

It even went (for me) so much as making my Rear ABS light come on, and my engine to rev higher when i was doin 45, it was normally at 1400ish rpms, with the LEDS it would stay at about 1800 RPMS

Back