3rd Row Cargo Mat | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd Row Cargo Mat

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is a pic of my Husky mat. As you can tell, it gets a lot of use. Very easy to clean though. It can be easily taken out to dump left over dirt etc. You just hose it down and scrub with a brush if you wish, let it dry and re-insert.
Those small raised rectangular pieces near the area where the seat belt disappears can be cut out to allow access to the tie downs. The edges of the mat in the area also are not laying completely flat because of the belts.
Hope this helps.

Kvasilion said:
http://www.weathertech.com/ford/2013...hind-2nd-seat/
I was thinking maybe Tan also since the interior is pecan/charcoal? I thought it may look nice and keep with the rest of the interior..

Thanks to Peter and Kvasilion for the pictures!

Does anyone know what brand these are? They don't look like the pattern seen in the Husky's or Weather Tech based on the previous pictures posted here.

25302329901.319474474.IM1.34.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Does anyone know what brand these are? They don't look like the pattern seen in the Husky's or Weather Tech based on the previous pictures posted here.

looks like they might be the Ford OEM mats. Had a Ford OEM set for my Flex. weathertech digital fit is a better fit and provides more coverage.

Rear most Ford OEM cargo area mat was a disappointment. flimsy when compared to the Weathertech mat.

I 2nd that...Ford OEM mats.

I third that, Ford OEM.

OK thanks Shomare, lexrid, and VinceL!

I can't reply 'I third that, no problem' until lexrid says "I 2nd that...no problem" :D

So, the waiting game begins......

Covers for 2nd row seats

Another question regarding mats. Any suggestions on covers for 2nd row seats in my 2012 explorer? My kids are hammering the leather with their after school treats.

Another question regarding mats. Any suggestions on covers for 2nd row seats in my 2012 explorer? My kids are hammering the leather with their after school treats.

Try Wet Okole.

We have an almost 3 year old and shudder to think what he'll do to the interior of our car once we get it.

Update: Really like the Weathertech mat

2012-04-10_12-34-41_171.jpg

I can't reply 'I third that, no problem' until lexrid says "I 2nd that...no problem" :D

So, the waiting game begins......

I'm asleep at the wheel apparently...I 2nd that, no problem. :D

Update: Really like the Weathertech mat

2012-04-10_12-34-41_171.jpg

Just ordered my Weathertech mat for behind the 2nd row today. Went with the tan color.

Needed it with the upcoming summer trips and spending more time at the golf course.

Excuse me if this is an obvious question...Can anyone speak to the lip on rear part of the Weathertech cargo liner? I can clearly see lips on the front facing and sides, but have not been able to find a picture that clearly shows the rear. I am curious if it will "hold water"...only small amounts; I'm thinking melted snow from ski boots or such. I wouldn't want it to run toward the back and down into the turtle hull.

Excuse me if this is an obvious question...Can anyone speak to the lip on rear part of the Weathertech cargo liner? I can clearly see lips on the front facing and sides, but have not been able to find a picture that clearly shows the rear. I am curious if it will "hold water"...only small amounts; I'm thinking melted snow from ski boots or such. I wouldn't want it to run toward the back and down into the turtle hull.

Same lip all the way around. I don't think you'd have any issues with it holding the water from the small amounts of melted snow that would come from ski boots.

Okay this is bad form...but, I did finally get a good look at the Weathertech when I stumbled accross thier installation instructions online. The lip is clearly all the way around the liner.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay this is bad form...but, I did finally get a good look at the Weathertech when I stumbled accross thier installation instructions online. The lip is clearly all the way around the liner.
Welcome swkooter. I am sure that all cargo mats are likely designed that way. I have the Husky and it has a 2" lip.

Peter

Back