• Register Today It's free!

3rd row seat

Nuthouse51

Reaction score
City, State
South Bend, In.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
I have a 2006 Explorer with power folding 3rd row seats. The seat on left stopped moving you can hear motor running but seat does not move I think the gears in the motor have gone bad and I ca not find a part number. Can any one help me?

Thanks

2006 Eddie Bauer Explorer third row seat motor

I have a 2006 Explorer with power folding 3rd row seats. The seat on left stopped moving you can hear motor running but seat does not move I think the gears in the motor have gone bad and I ca not find a part number. Can any one help me?

Thanks
The gear is stripped on the motor. The same thing just happened to me and the motor assy. needs to be replaced. The part number is 6L2Z7861382EA (the right side motor is 6L2Z7861383AA?) I was given 2 different numbers from the same dealer so double check it when ordering. The part lists for $351.10 and they usually keep them in stock (what a surprise, not a real sturdy assembly especially if you put anything heavy in the back) Mine quit working after a trip to Lowes and I bought a new bath vanity and slid it in on that side to take home. The gear on the motor is nylon is guess and not super strong. I hope this helps. Cheers!!!

Back