• Register Today It's free!

3rd Row Seating

ExpXLT07

Reaction score
City, State
East Lansing, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer EB
I am looking to install 3rd row seats into my 07 Explorer XLT. However, there isn't many scrapyards near me and the only one that has an Explorer of the 06-10 year range is about 3 hours away. Any ideas on where I can find the seats, trim pieces, seatbelts, etc?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your best bet are scrapyards unfortunately. Few months ago I replaced my third row power seats with manual ones and I got the whole thing for $ 125 from what I remember - you can't beat that. Everything else - the shipping will kill the deal.
I used car-parts.com

I am looking to install 3rd row seats into my 07 Explorer XLT. However, there isn't many scrapyards near me and the only one that has an Explorer of the 06-10 year range is about 3 hours away. Any ideas on where I can find the seats, trim pieces, seatbelts, etc?
Have an 2006 I just removed third row seats. Message me

Changing from power to manual 3rd row is 1 thing. Going from 5 passenger to 7 passenger is going to be quite a job. Keep us updated. A complete parts list would be nice, for the next guy.

Your best bet are scrapyards unfortunately. Few months ago I replaced my third row power seats with manual ones and I got the whole thing for $ 125 from what I remember - you can't beat that. Everything else - the shipping will kill the deal.
I used car-parts.com
How rough was it to replace the autos with manuals? Looking to do the same to mine

I plan to install the seats from ones I found on car-part.com at some point when the weather gets nicer, I will post the results and a list of all the parts needed

Does anyone have the left third row power motor assembly on hand. Broke mine and I am looking to buy yours .

Thanks in advance

Does anyone have the left third row power motor assembly on hand. Broke mine and I am looking to buy yours .

Thanks in advance
They all break really easy. I would convert to manual if possible.

Back