• Register Today It's free!

4.0 cali to 4.0 federal

93xplorersport

Reaction score
City, State
paris, tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 sport 4x4
i have a 4.0 motor with the egr intake and exhaust manifolds can i take them off and put my non egr manifolds on it and it be ok?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You might get a CEL, but I can't be sure. There really isn't much benefit in doing this unless your EGR is faulty. The EGR lowers combustion temps @ idle and low speed. If you simply want to disable it, push a BB into the vacuum line on the EGR valve.

i took the motor out of a cali emissions x and am goin to rebuild it all i have is the motor and then im wanting to put it in my federal emissions truck i wanted to make sure that the egr valve was the only diff in the motors

You can take a Cali motor, pull the emissions stuff off, and put on the non-EGR fed stuff, sure. Cali Explorers have other emissions stuff and different PCM/ECM computers, but the rest of the engine should be the same.

Lower intake is shorter on 95 up, so you may need to use the spacer to fit it to your upper for proper spacing.

also, the cam sensor can be left in place and left unplugged.

What year is the engine from? Fuel injector connectors might be an issue

turdle sorry its been awhile since i have replied but the motor came out of a 94 Cali and im putting it into a 93 fed. and are you sure the cam sensor can be left unplugged and not cause any harm? i has because the one is damaged and i cant afford to replace it if i dont need to?

and as far as the injectors go im using the injectors and wiring harness out of my 93

good.. the sensor has been damaged and the whole assembly has been turned a little the hold down bolt wasnt tight. so i hope that wont affect anything. will it?

Back