4.0 OHV eaton m90 supercharger help | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.0 OHV eaton m90 supercharger help

Hey so I am soon to be acquiring a eaton m90 supercharger with a custom intake plenum for the OHV 4.0 and am thinking of running it at about 6-7 psi I know their is things that are needed for proper tuning such as bigger fuel injectors but what else would I need any help would be great

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i dont expect to hit 250 hp while in 4wd lol id just like to have 250 at the crank and yeah thats what im hopeing for is lots of low end power and i just talk to the guys in our shop here at work and they said they may know of a buddy of theirs that could do it ill talk more with them at lunch but if so then im on the right path

O I wasnt referring to ""in 4wd"" and crank means nothing, its what makes it to the ground.a transfer case EATS hp especially if its a a4ld trans.your hit 250 at crank but no way for you to know that unless you dyno the engine alone, but you wont hit 250 to the ground.

You will have good power though and it will seem wayy more which is more important than a number in my book.ask your buddy or shop if they tune the sct elimnator chip for obd1, if they dont know what that is they dont tune it..best places to start is places that tune old fox body mustang, they use same chip and tuning is VERY similar to the ohv.my base tune was based off a old mustang and was very close.

What kind of m90 or kit is it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its an eaton m90 and the kit uses a custom intake plenum to mount to the fuel rail idk how to post pics otherwise i would but ya and what sct chip are you refering to could you possibly send me a link to one

here i changed my profile pic take a look at it thats the supercharger and intake that im going to be getting

its an eaton m90 and the kit uses a custom intake plenum to mount to the fuel rail idk how to post pics otherwise i would but ya and what sct chip are you refering to could you possibly send me a link to one

All of them are eaton m90 but they make a bunch of different models. The one in your picture looks to be a rpcaster kit(ford thunderbird m90)you can use photobucket to upload pictures.

I did post links, you most have missed them ;)

Maf
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290354719848?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Pump
http://www.ebay.com/itm/255LPH-High...ssories&fits=Model:Ranger&hash=item4aa6d51ed9

Chip, where I got mine but you need to request that it come blank with no tunes!!!!then you need to have a dyno shop write you a base tune to get the truck to the dyno, then have it dyno tuned

http://m.americanmuscle.com/sct-4-bank-computer-chip.html

yeah i believe its very similar to that kit but this is meant for the OHV idk but if you can see under the intake that piece on the bottom is the fuel rail and oh yes i much have missed those links so those three are more than likely what ill need for this and a good tune of course

yeah i believe its very similar to that kit but this is meant for the OHV idk but if you can see under the intake that piece on the bottom is the fuel rail and oh yes i much have missed those links so those three are more than likely what ill need for this and a good tune of course

He makes a kit for the ohv.member DONO that posted in this thread runs it.problem comes when you start building alot of boost, basically over 5lbs your need a intercooler or water meth..rp does make a intercooler and """"belive"""" someone on here has one for sale or not in use..

Those are the most used and common parts.your also need a wideband O2 and injectors, obviously. But again I would ask you tuner for injectors size.DONO and I both run 36 and have good idle/cruise. I was running 10lbs, will be running 16

yeah i found a shop that dose program obd 1 just got to wait to hear back from the programer to see if he can do mine for my application and ill ask him what all i need to make sure that its set up properly and i trust them as theve been dealing with performance mustangs forever

well, i have dono's intercooler from his setup, and i wont be using it when i change blowers. i have promised someone first crack at my setup with the intercooler, but his plans may have changed drastically and i am not 100% sure if he is going to be buying it at the moment.

thats pretty decent but problem is i am over just north of Toronto in Ontario

thats pretty decent but problem is i am over just north of Toronto in Ontario

if that was directed at me, you have failed to see where i live

^^ it says under your name that you live in Selkirk, Manitoba which is one hell of a drive for pick up or a pre decent cost for shipping as i am assuming its a fair size being a intercooler

ok so i got the supercharger home and when i rly took a look at it i noticed that their is no where to put the idle air meter thats on the side of the stock intake just behind the throttle body the only bolt on section i see is the one for the egr which i don't have anyway any help would be awesome thanks

What kit/mount are you using?? Should come with a custom intake manifold or a tb that has one built in like the early mustangs...

Back