4.0 ohv rocker spacers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.0 ohv rocker spacers

Anyone want any? I know a guy that is going to make a run of them. I'm not a dealer, or am I making a dime off this. I'm guessing this is a one shot deal. $30.00 + Shipping.

They are rumoured to help with valve train noise, and give a little less resistance to the moving rockers. I can't confirm anything. They are kinda cool though.

This is open till Nov 15th. Then the order is placed. I'm thinking I will have to have them all shipped to me, then I'll ship out. I don't think the guy making them has the time or the desire to do a lot of them and be troubled with shipping.

Attachments

• rocker spacers.jpg
    rocker spacers.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 447

Anyone still making these? Going through a 4.0 now and recalled reading about spacers.

I used spacers on an FE build. Not sure how much they help with oil pressure to the rocker arms given the .015"-.20" clearance between each stand and rocker/spacer assembly and restrictors in the head, may end up being virtually the same as leaving the rockers open on the sides with springs. I doubt the 4.0 revs high enough or has an aggressive enough cam that positive location of the rockers matters much... But every bit helps on a fresh build. Thoughts on the benefits of spacers vs springs on a 4.0?

Should I restrict oil to the rockers on the 4.0? On the FE even with a 69 or 70 Holley jet as a restrictor it still shot geysers way clear of the engine and made a mess when priming the oil system, didn't expect that much pressure at the rockers turning the pump by hand.

Back