4.0L OHV '96 Explorer - "Fuse 24? Fuse 11?" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.0L OHV '96 Explorer - "Fuse 24? Fuse 11?"

MinistrOfJustiz

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfax VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
My '96 is a few miles short of 200k. Replaced the O2 sensors and spark plugs a couple thousand miles back. Started having temperature problems, replaced the thermostat and the ECT sensor while I was there. Running well and at temp now.

Check engine light is back on, and it is throwing O2 sensor heater circuit codes. P0155, P0153, P0135, P0141....

Other threads mention a blown fuse in the underhood box causing these codes. I've seen this called Fuse 24 and Fuse 11, but in the underhood box I don't see a fuse labeled as either! Anybody got a picture that can show me which fuse I'm supposed to be testing?

My '96 is a few miles short of 200k. Replaced the O2 sensors and spark plugs a couple thousand miles back. Started having temperature problems, replaced the thermostat and the ECT sensor while I was there. Running well and at temp now.

Check engine light is back on, and it is throwing O2 sensor heater circuit codes. P0155, P0153, P0135, P0141....

Other threads mention a blown fuse in the underhood box causing these codes. I've seen this called Fuse 24 and Fuse 11, but in the underhood box I don't see a fuse labeled as either! Anybody got a picture that can show me which fuse I'm supposed to be testing?

Wiring diagram shows all O2 sensor heater circuits run thru Fuse 24 (20A in the interior fuse box), which is powered thru the PCM Power Relay (in the Power Dist box), which is in turn powered thru Fuse 13 (30A in the the Power Dist box). No Fuse 11 seems to be in the circuit.

Follow this link to excellent wiring diagrams:
http://search.ebscohost.com/
ID: rrcc
PW: rebsco
Auto Repair Information - choose appropriate vehicle info - Wiring Diagrams

Back