4.0L OHV to SOHC conversion | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.0L OHV to SOHC conversion

So, which of your threads would be the one to go back over, then, Snoranger?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I never did a write-up. What do you want to know? I have all the info securely stored away in napkin scribbles. :D

So i am an idiot and put a 93/94 engine into my 98 explorer and didn't think that it was a big deal because the engines were the same and it should work fine. Well i made sure to get a donor and changed all of the sensors over from my engine to that one to be safe. And it wouldn't start after making my own engine mounts. It was throwing the anti-theft light. And you know what 30 seconds from me going and getting another engine it fixed it self. But has never quite felt right. The only code it is throwing now is the IAT which is a big deal. I put one of those resistors in and it wouldn't read it. I put it into my buddies and it ran like a raped ape. Anyone help what do i do?

Huh????

I have a 1996 XLT 4.0L ohv EFI engine, and I was wondering what all would be involved in converting to an 4.0L SOHC engine?

I searched the forums, and there are a few SOHC to OHV swaps, but not the other way around.

So, what electrical components would need to be changed?
Any fabrication or modifications to the engine compartment?
Does the fuel system stay the same?

Thanks in advance.

mistake

look i wouldn't do it, there are alot of problems with this sohc motor.Now depending on your smog laws,if your going to go through this much trouble, go all the way with the 5.0 I learned the hard way.If you wan't some more advice call me at 714-484-1685

Back