For Sale - 4.0l OHV Valve Cover Support Rails | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale 4.0l OHV Valve Cover Support Rails

I have some valve cover reinforcement and support rails I made that add strength to the stock 4.0l OHV valve covers and distribute the clamping force to prevent common oil leaks. They come in raw steel and include hardware. $120 shipped to the 48 states for a pair

EDIT: I am not selling VALVE COVERS, these are ONLY the rings that go around the outside to reinforce the sealing lip. I get messages all the time thinking these are the entire valve cover and they are not.

LRM_EXPORT_247134229605880_20190901_210925571.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_247138580402408_20190901_210929922.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sign me up for a set. PM sent.

Brian, have you ever considered making a set for the 5.0 liter? I've been fighting valve cover leaks on mine after the rebuild (there are only 6 bolts holding the valve cover on) and I had to really tighten the crap out of them to get them to seal. I'm thinking a spreader like this would fix the problem for good.

I haven't. The 5.0L should have a lot of aftermarket options like beefier valve covers or other accessories. I haven't looked into it but that's something I probably wouldn't make. Thanks for asking though Daniel!

These are awesome! Another great design by Brian!

I am ready to buy a set of these Brian. Let me know if you still have a set

I have some valve cover reinforcement and support rails I made that add strength to the stock 4.0l OHV valve covers and distribute the clamping force to prevent common oil leaks. They come in a raw steel finish and include hardware. $105 shipped to the 48 states for a pair

View attachment 177392

View attachment 177393
What do I have to do to get a set of these?

I have some valve cover reinforcement and support rails I made that add strength to the stock 4.0l OHV valve covers and distribute the clamping force to prevent common oil leaks. They come in a raw steel finish and include hardware. $105 shipped to the 48 states for a pair

View attachment 177392

View attachment 177393
Why don't you ship to Alaska? We have all the major postal carriers and have been a state since '59.

Why don't you ship to Alaska? We have all the major postal carriers and have been a state since '59.

I do ship to Alaska, never said I wouldn't. The QUOTED price was just for the 48 states. AK, PR and HI are always more $$ in shipping cost. If you would like a set send me a message with your zip and I can find the rate and let you know the additional price over the base cost of shipping these. (My guess is around $6-$7 more) I will have some available to ship within the next week or so as I am currently working on a batch of them right now. Thanks!

Also, I had to increase the price of these since my post almost 2 years ago, New price is $119 shipped to the 48, slightly more to AK,HI,PR

Hey Brian- I didn’t get them bought and closed down my fb. Can you send me a pm on how to get you the cash? I am pulling the ranger into the garage for a rebuilt 4.0 this month.

Received mine the other day. Quality product. Well cut and no warping. Unfortunately I had to get the truck back on the road so the next valve gasket replacement I will be able to use these.

I have some valve cover reinforcement and support rails I made that add strength to the stock 4.0l OHV valve covers and distribute the clamping force to prevent common oil leaks. They come in raw steel and include hardware. $119 shipped to the 48 states for a pair

View attachment 177392

View attachment 177393
Yes, I have a few sets ready to send out. I replied to your FB message. Thanks!
How are you Brian my name is Christian, how do we process payment I need a st of these covers for my 01 ranger with a 4.0. My number is 631 303 4717 please contact me back thank you.

How are you Brian my name is Christian, how do we process payment I need a st of these covers for my 01 ranger with a 4.0. My number is (removed) please contact me back thank you.
Hi Christian, your 01 Ranger would have the 4.0l SOHC engine and not the 4.0 OHV engine that these rings fit so these will not work for you as far as I know.

Mine are getting paint and install currently. It will be so strange not to have an oil spot where my ranger parks.

I have some valve cover reinforcement and support rails I made that add strength to the stock 4.0l OHV valve covers and distribute the clamping force to prevent common oil leaks. They come in raw steel and include hardware. $119 shipped to the 48 states for a pair

View attachment 177392

View attachment 177393
Are you still making these support rails , Brian ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back