4.0l sohc explorer same as 06 mustang 4.0l | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

4.0l sohc explorer same as 06 mustang 4.0l

gotbags?

Reaction score
City, State
camden,ar
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 mountaineer
are they the same motors or what is the difference will performance parts for mustnags work on explorer 4.0l??????

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

PRS

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport 2WD!
i think they're different

gotbags?

Reaction score
City, State
camden,ar
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 mountaineer
is there any way to convert them to the explorer motor because my moms new mustang will hall ass for a v-6 if i could get that kind of performance out of the explorer motor (not in the explorer that would be good) but i want more.

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Raytown MO (Kansas City suburb)
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.
Your Explorer is alot heavier than your mom's Mustang. IMO it would not be worth the cost & time.

gotbags?

Reaction score
City, State
camden,ar
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 mountaineer
im wanting to build a 4.0l turboed for a small car for drag racing nothing like outrageous or anything but a head turner. i have been reading up and it seems like the 4.0s are faster 0-60 than 5.0s. so i could save wieght and have more room for turbos and everything else in a small already tight car im just having problem finding performance internal and externalparts for the 4.0l. so i was just wondering about performance parts for the new mustang maybe there is alittle more out there beleive me i know the explorer is alot heavier than the mustang

Jakee

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Huntsville, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport
im wanting to build a 4.0l turboed for a small car for drag racing nothing like outrageous or anything but a head turner. i have been reading up and it seems like the 4.0s are faster 0-60 than 5.0s. so i could save wieght and have more room for turbos and everything else in a small already tight car im just having problem finding performance internal and externalparts for the 4.0l. so i was just wondering about performance parts for the new mustang maybe there is alittle more out there beleive me i know the explorer is alot heavier than the mustang

You could start your search at supersixmotorsports for the internals. Conatact James at hensonperfomance.com for bolt-on's or tuning options. Very nice guy; will do you right.