4.3L Stroker Kit / A4LD PT. Next upgrades | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4.3L Stroker Kit / A4LD PT. Next upgrades

KYLE2289

Reaction score
City, State
MARTINSVILLE INDIANA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 FORD EXPLORER XLT
www.moranav6racing.com
www.transmissioncenter.org/a4ld.htm

These will be all my next upgrades. After i get this goofy lean fixed from the gas tank. any options i thought about just doing a fuel cell in the back. im not doing a body lift to put it were the spare tire went. 5 inch lift on 33's changing gears in the next week or so 4.56 i think but not sure any ideas would be great on this hole build.

$2, 500 for just the lower half and only 30hp gain.you still need heads, cam, head studs, oil pump, gaskets ($1500 in parts if not more)....waste of money. .you could do a turbo for half that and gain 150+hp.fyi you can build a stroker kit way cheaper but unless you plan on making serious hp its a waste of money...your have $3, 500 into a motor that doesn't produce over 200 hp.gears and lockers alone is gonna run you $1, 000+ and that trans is way over priced.hope you have about ten grand laying around because that's what your end up having into it.lol I would explore your option a little more

well you got anything better for a stock motor never ben touched original everything with 314000 miles. i was just thinking about going and getting a block and building it from scratch. and as for the transmission I'm not changing to manual and as far as i can find that one is the best thing that i can find that won't take me a week to install and 40 hours of fab and modification work.

Personally I like the PATC A4LD and while the price seems high at first, it is not at all bad compared to a regular reman'd unit. The 4.3L stroker kit is neat too but to be honest I would agree that your money might be better spent elsewhere. You'd have to find a way of getting the PCM to cooperate with the increased displacement (good luck). I would suggest a rebuild of your motor, then sourcing a used supercharger like the BBK Instacharger or Paxton SN93, which can run without a tune using a FMU. For the A4LD, if you can't afford the PATC one I would use a low mileage or known good A4LD, freshen it up and install all the Sonnax upgrades I could with a shift correction kit. My transmissions both have Transgo shift kits and Sonnax bits, and I'm very happy with the results.

Back