4.56 with factory LS??

Lifted95X

The Xplorer U Luv to H8
Reaction score
City, State
EASTPOINTE, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 4.6 Mounty
I currently have 3.73LS gears in the back. I am thinking of upgrading and have some questions.

1) First and foremost, this is for the pros, 4.10's or 4.56 with the OHV???? I am gonna go up to 33's, but if I plan on doing 35's later...should I just get the 4.56 now and they will be fine while I have the 33's???

2) With the 4.56 am I able to keep my factory LS??

Thanks for the help.

Shaun

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1) 4.56s for the 33s and they will work ok with the 35s

2) yes

Simple as that....thanks Steve.

Yup, got with 4.56s.

As for the factory LS, why keep it? If you're already changing gears I'd at least go with an Eaton LS or Powertrax.

yeah i know....just have to do it in smaller steps. I am putting on the Superlift.....then...when these tires wear out...new rubbers, and gears. It's all gonna happen...just over time.

The only thing about that is labor cost. I found out the hard way how much it sucks to do diff work then decide to get gears a year later.

It will be cheaper to upgrade the diff at the same time as the gears. I know money may be tight, but you will save money doing it at the same time.

good word of advice...I may wait to put the gears in then until I can get a powertrax or something.

Back