• Register Today It's free!

4.6L performance upgrades

morziac

Reaction score
City, State
Perth, Western Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Limited
Hey guys as I can't work out how to search more specifically on my phobe with the new forum layout I'm gonna have to ask my questions here at a fear or repeating what may have already been asked before. So bare with me please.

I have an 03 limited that is in the shed for some repairs and I figure I might try to squeeze some more ponies out of her.

I'm looking at cams, valve train, intake manifold, throttle body etc..

Has anyone on here upgraded cars n such and can specify what fits? I'm down in Australia and don't want to spend all the money on buying this stuff for it not to fit lol.

I'm going to be makin a cold air intake via a snorkel, and also twin pipes utilising hooker muffler and no cats or high flow cats at the most and I understand I'll need a high stall and get her retuned.

Basically want to get as much out of her as I can without getting into machining and such.

Thanks guys

If you open up the air intake and exhaust, you'll get more torque. You'll also burn through more gas.

In reality, most turbo'd 4cyl cars will still be faster than you, even with a cam.

Your car will sound cooler. I did a CAI via K&N and it's sure fun now with gas prices low. Scared a few people when "punching it."

Reality is, without a supercharger you aren't really going to be fast.

If you open up the air intake and exhaust, you'll get more torque. You'll also burn through more gas.

In reality, most turbo'd 4cyl cars will still be faster than you, even with a cam.

Your car will sound cooler. I did a CAI via K&N and it's sure fun now with gas prices low. Scared a few people when "punching it."

Yeh I realise that's it's not going to be fast, I just want more than what she's got. I'm not going to be out racing anyone.

I've already upgraded the air intake, and gutted the cats to give a free flowing exhaust years ago, and got a SCT tube from Henson performance to suit.

It definitely made a bit if a difference and a lot of people ask me what the hell is in it lol. I've got the time now to do a bit of work in it and I don't want to go down the supercharger route as it's just out of my budget.

I have a CAI and a more free flowing exhaust and I've gotten better gas mileage than I used to, and more power

Back