4 gage wire wont fit my amp

Curtis

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT 4x4
Getting ready to install this weekend however looking at the 4 gage wiring kit I bought and the amp power hookup, it doesnt look like the think 4 gage wire will fit in. The instructions for the amp call for 8 gage.

My questions is should I return the 4 gage wire for the 8 gage wire or is there some kind of tip or reduceer I can put on the 4 gage so it will fit in the 8 gage hole?

I got a damn good deal on the 4 gage so it would actually cost me more money to return it and get the 8 gage. And eventually I plan to put in another amp for the door speakers. (just running 2 10" subs of this one)

Thanks again guys ! I have been saved many times using this forum ! I appreciate all input.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Keep the 4 gauge kit and just buy a distrobution block.

I agree and if you are going to upgrade to additional amps, you are going to need one anyways.

Ben51925
addkev...

Thanks guys,

I just bought a distrobution box and some 8 gage wire.

Plan to install tomorrow. Will post pictures when install is complete.

I f you can find a Stinger dealer in your area they make a adaptor that will take 4 gauge and allow you to hook ot up to a 8 gauge input.

Back