• Register Today It's free!

4 inch lift???

Navajo_powah

Reaction score
City, State
Burkettville Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Navajo (ZAPV 666)
I might be installing 4inch lift coils and leafsprings in my 94 navajo. Is there any big no-no's, anything to watchout for, or anything ill have to fabracate to make this work? I know ill have to buy new shocks and lengthen my rubber breaklines and other small stuff, but i just want some more opinons on this before i do it.

here are the coils.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SJA-134&view=1&N=700+150+4294924760+4294907824+4294907820+4294925130+

and the leafsprings.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=SLF-01-194&view=1&N=700+150+4294924760+4294907824+4294907820+4294925130+

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You will also need the axle drop brackets(both sides) and the Radius arm drop brackets(both sides) and for 4" I would suggest a dropped pitman arm. If you don't put the other brackets in your tires will ride like this \.../

You will also need the axle drop brackets(both sides) and the Radius arm drop brackets(both sides) and for 4" I would suggest a dropped pitman arm. If you don't put the other brackets in your tires will ride like this \.../
Were can i find a cheap set. And will the rear leaf go in retelivy easy or will i have to do an axle flip?

with just the front coils and 2 rear leafs youre looking at ~$500. for a couple hundred more you can buy a complete lift kit with shocks, pitman arm, drop brackets, pivot brackets, coil springs, and leaf springs.

look at skyjacker.com, superlift.com, trailmaster.com, and roughcountry.com for prices and lift sizes.

thanks i think ill go with the roughcountry.

FYI.. the install is not an easy task. Sure the kit is 'bolt' on, but the factory pieces you have to remove are riveted. If you dont have the tools or skills you might want to look into having someone help you install the lift. I'll admit, I had someone grind down and punch out the rivets on the axle pivot drop brackets and install the new ones. The rest of the install is pretty simple with the right tools and some patience.

Make sure to trake the truck in for an alingment after installing the lift. Good luck!

its ok ive got plunty of wrench time and acess to a full shop with lifts. I also go to a tech school here in maine

its not difficult in my opinion. get your grinder and get comfortable under your truck, i rested against my bumper area. then just grind the heads off the rivets. then when the heads are all gone, hammer the F out of the bracket till it falls off.

the hardest part for me was to get the shackle bolts out as they were seized up. oh and the coils, when you get them in turn them as far to the right as you can til they sit good. mine are all F'd up and angled cuz i didn't do that.

ya my rivets in the front have loosened up from the factory and when i stop hard my front end will shift a little. its kinda scary so the lift isnt all for fun!!

does your radius arm brackets bolt on or are they riveted...

so you'll have to grind those rivets off as well. you may hate the install more than me. i'm one of the lucky ones that had them bolted on...

na any time spent on my truck is good time. the other option is yard work.

Back