4" lift & 33's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4" lift & 33's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah that should allow for 33's some people just put body lifts so they can run that size tire.

4" with 33x12.5 on 15x8 with 3.75 backspacing. No trimming.

1600explorerlift33.jpg

That is the look i am trying to get. It looks good. The stance is great. That would give enought clearance for moderate off-roading? To go to 33's it would be a good idea to go to 4.10 gears right?

Thanks

If you do go with that kit make sure and weld some gussets on the biggest drop bracket. It looks a lot like the Superlift bracket and they have been known to break, mine did....
IMG_0343.jpg

this is how I fixed it......
DSC00209.jpg

Gussets front and back, inside and out. Haven't had any problems since....

Thanks for the tip Bloodbane. I am about to install the same kit on a friends Explorer so I will gusset it before installation.

i have the 4" lift u are talking about with the recommended 31's and the only thing i had to trim up a lil was it still had the plastic cowling on the bottom of the front bumper, it rubbed on the corners.

but if u do go with the 4" lift i would get the 33's, thats what i want now but im gonna wait and wear down these tires before i upsize.

thanks for all the input. This is what I am going to after the 31's I have now wear out. I only got them about a month ago. Does anyone have an idea how many miles i can expect to get out of a set of 31 Trxus MT's? The tires are great in the mud & snow I just want something bigger.
I am thinking i will get the same tires in 33".

just to throw in my two cents.. RoughCountry has a 4 inch lift for 1st gens for $670 and it has new lifted leaf packs for the rear. just thought id try to save you a little money.

Thats great I will check it out. Everyone likes to save money!
Thanks a lot.

just to throw in my two cents.. RoughCountry has a 4 inch lift for 1st gens for $670 and it has new lifted leaf packs for the rear. just thought id try to save you a little money.

Ok, so the leaf packs will give you 4" of lift in the rear? Im planning on ordering the Rough Country lift system and would like to find out as much on them as possible. Thanks in advance! ;)

Mines about a 5" lift with 33" tires
explorerfront.jpg

Ok, so the leaf packs will give you 4" of lift in the rear? Im planning on ordering the Rough Country lift system and would like to find out as much on them as possible. Thanks in advance! ;)

Yea Thats what I'm running in the rear

Back