4"Lift 97 2wd Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4"Lift 97 2wd Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice ride ray, i like the rugged off road look! very bad ass

hey did you have to get new gears after the lift?

thats a sweet look im planning on doin the same thing in a while. nice job

in about a year i will be getting a 96 xlt or my grandpas 97 EB and your explorer has exactly what i want. how much was the total cost of everything (tires, wheels, lift, labor... etc). thanks alot it would really help me out on my mission to have the tightest explorer i can payfor. lol well its cool that other people want the same stuff i do, i guess that great minds think alike.

WWHHAATT!!! Their only 31's!!!! Dude they look like 32's or 33's, but it might just be because it's dark around the tires. Your X looks good. Keep it up.

Very Nice!!!
Man I wish I could afford to do the same thing to mine. Maybe next year. :)

No i didn't need new gears since i have 3.73 and thats good enough to run 31's. If i decided to go bigger than i would need to change them. Lets see how much everything cost.

Tires and wheels including tax- $941 at America's
Front: 3" Explorer pro comp spindle(Actually made by Bullseye) and 1.25"TT $395
Rear: 4" trail master leaf spring 90-94 $241.11
Shocks: RS 5000 $147.80

Total: 4" Lift $783.91
I axctually got it for $780 cus i didn't want to break a 20.

Grill gaurd and PIAA's - $400 (cus i got it used off another X owner)

Total: $2121

I say i spent about $3000 on my car since i have other stuff to it like K&N, magnaflow exhaust, and soundsystem. Now that i think about, its prob more than that. But this was spent in a span of 5 years.

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET I like it alot .... What kind of grille/tailight guards are they ???

Originally posted by rockymntnhi
SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET I like it alot .... What kind of grille/tailight guards are they ???

They are Manik grill and tail gaurds. When i bought it off the guy he spent alot to get the grey powder coated type. However, when i bought it off him, a few days later my sister scrapped the $@#$@ out of it so i just got it repainted to match my fender flares.

-Ray

Looks good dude! And yes the 31s look bigger than normal. Maybe its the offset of the wheels. Maybe my tires wouldnt look so bad afterall if i lifted mine. hrmmmm the mod bug is biting me. but its like twice as expensive to lift a 4wd suspension.

I have a similar manik guard. I jacked it up last time i went wheeling. Had bend it back into shape :)

HOT DAMN

LOOKS GREAT!!!!!! i remember when my 98 looked all nice :) that was before the offroad bug bit me. I love it i may be selling my 33's soon to get new ones, if you are not going to be doing a lot of offroad they will be good. They are Pro Comp M/T 33x12.5x15

Only 31s? They look bigger, you must have 16's. Looks great SC!

Austin, why are you selling the Pro Comps?

Comocozy,

why are you getting rid of the procomps. i heard they were pretty good? The off road bug bit ya huh. your 98 doesnt look good anymore? did you get body damage or something?

Originally posted by soupbone
Comocozy,

why are you getting rid of the procomps. i heard they were pretty good? The off road bug bit ya huh. your 98 doesnt look good anymore? did you get body damage or something?

Sorry to disappoint you but they are 31's on 15inch rims. I was surprised also when i saw it after the lift. It didn't look dinky for som reason. I think alot has to do w/ the offset of the rims and the width.

Wowww!! My boyfriend has his explorer almost exactly like that...but his is white. The black looks a lot better! and are you sure those are 31s?? They look bigger! Anyways, how many times have you been offroading SCExplorer? Just curious...because of all the money you spent. :) Well, I'll show my boyfriend this link..good job anyways, it looks so good you probably dont have to do any more modifications, huh?? :D

Ray... that looks amazing! Now you just need a 3" body lift so you can squeeze the 35's under there! How does the spindle lift seem to be doing so far? Are you impressed with the set up? Thanks.

Originally posted by section525
Ray... that looks amazing! Now you just need a 3" body lift so you can squeeze the 35's under there! How does the spindle lift seem to be doing so far? Are you impressed with the set up? Thanks.

Well no more spending for me. I need to relax from the bug for atleast a year.HHAHAHAH. SO far the spindle is doing great. I think my setup improved handling greatly. Even though the ride is a bit rougher, i barely slow down to take turns.

I was wondering...where did you get your rims/price/do they stick out more thAN STOCK.......if so how much?

Originally posted by SSIKORA
I was wondering...where did you get your rims/price/do they stick out more thAN STOCK.......if so how much?

I bought them from America's tire. I forgot the offset but its does stick out more than stock. I think its 13mm offset.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Creeking and whistle sound

Would anyone know why i have creeking sound and whistle sound in the rear when i jump up and down on the back? I dunno but i think the whistle noise could be from the shocks. Is that normal? The creeking sounds like it is from the sway bar or somewhere around there. someone told me it is the springs settling. what do u think?

Back