• Register Today It's free!

4" lift ? about drive shafts

chingadera

Reaction score
City, State
Corpus Christi Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 sport
If I was to use a 4" lift would I need to lengthen my drive shafts or would they be ok? I do not intend the lift for massive articulation it is just a cosmetic upgrade on a explorer that sees only flat lands in Texas.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What about brake lines. I dont see them in the 4" kits but I was thinking that thats quit a bit of lift to not have them. Do I need them and were do I get them I cant seem to find them anywhere?

What about brake lines. I dont see them in the 4" kits but I was thinking that thats quit a bit of lift to not have them. Do I need them and were do I get them I cant seem to find them anywhere?

You will need extended brake hoses for a 4" lift. Superlift and Skyjacker make them. There are a number of specialty shops that custom make brake hoses to any spec (but they can be $$$). Also some members have used longer brake hoses from other vehicles, so many solutions exist.

I got my brake lines custom made while I waited at a shop. $50 for 3 ft long lines, braided stainless. Thats he best way to do it imo.

I put on 3" lift spindles and SOA'd the rear. Then needed a longer driveshaft...
Karl

With the Sport you may need a longer drive shaft. The only way to know for sure is to install the lift and check your old driveshaft for fit.

Back