• Register Today It's free!

4" lift in the rear? How?

jumpn4jesus

Reaction score
City, State
Mooresville NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 4x4 Explorer XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Spring over conversion...

2" on an Explorer is easy, and relatively cheap. 4" or more will cost you some money, take some welding, and end up with steering issues.

As said above, a spring-over conversion is the only real way to get a 4" lift out back without purchasing really arched leaf springs.

You can get 2" with an add-a-leaf and an extended shackle. Up front, you can get 2" with a spring change.

The 4" Superlift rear springs aren't that bad of leaf packs. I have them on the rear of my 94..........
IMG_0028.jpg

Thats what they looked like before install.
After install.....
IMG_0558.jpg

The SOA will give you more like 5.5" of lift........

Ok. I will just do a 2" lift with a 3inch body then.
I am gonna do a spacer lift up front from Bad Bobs Garage.($49)
I will most likely do the spacers sooner than later.

I can't seem to find any used 31" (15" wheels) muds! ANYWHERE!
I need them by July 4th! Yikes.

God will provide if it's right!

I like your group man. The Christian one!:thumbsup:

If you're going with around 5" of lift, I would suggest looking a little larger than a 31" tire. Keep in mind the stock ones are about 28", so it's not a huge difference. Shoot for around a 32 or 33, 35's might even fit with some trimming.

If you're going with around 5" of lift, I would suggest looking a little larger than a 31" tire. Keep in mind the stock ones are about 28", so it's not a huge difference. Shoot for around a 32 or 33, 35's might even fit with some trimming.

I've got 30x9.5 on there now. I won't be able to do a body lift for a few months, so 31's will work with 2"s for a bit.
I just don't have time to do the BL yet.:rolleyes:

Back