4" Superlift kit 96-01 on a 95

Klowns

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mesa, Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XL
I'm about to order the 4" kit from superlift for the 1996-2001's but I have a 95 as I'm sure everyone has seen me post something about a question on it.

Anyway, has anyone that has done this on a 95 gimme some info, I called superlift and he said that you need to do a bit of drilling and welding because the torsion bars are a bit different on the 95's.

Just want to know exactly what I'm getting myself into when I take it in to the shop to have them do it, they said it'll cost 400, but I'm sure they dont' know yet that it is a bit different.

I called superlift and he said something about having to do some drilling/welding by the torsion bars....

If anyone can shed some light on this, that would be appreciated.

Trying to get this done ASAP!!

Thanks ahead of time,
Greg M.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They told me that the torsion bar brackets and spindles are different on the 95's. I'm not so sure that I beleive it though. Go ahead and order it though, whatever you do it won't be too tough. And if you get in a bind, take a picture of it for us and I'm sure we can help you :)

Thanks, I'm just worried about $$ at this point in time, by the time everything is said and done I'll have put a little over 5 grand into this last 3 weeks, heh. I just dont' want to take it into the shop with a price tag of a $400 install for the kit, and then pick it up, and have em be like actually it's $900 because we had to do some fabbing, know what I mean? So I want to know exactly what will have to be done, so they can't try to cheat me at all.

Greg M.

This kit doesn't piggyback the torsion bar brackets does it?? That's the difference I thought because the 95's are welded to the frame, and 96 or 97 and up have them bolted.

Yes the kit DOES piggyback the torsion bar mounts. 95-97 are welded to the frame, not bolted.

So.........as far as I can tell from comparing explorers, there is no difference in suspension in 95-97 explorers, but I guess superlift knows best :rolleyes:

Will do, I'll be ordering the kit tomorrow morning, thanks

Just ordered the kit from 4wheelparts.com

Got it for $1560 to the front door which is a lot cheaper than other place that I've found. Said it would arrive monday, so I guess I'll get it put on tuesday!!!

Well...I want one...but I will wait and try to get a better deal.

Klowns,

Let me know what you do to extend the rear brakeline. I'm still waiting for help on that one... If you unhook the rear sway bar to wheel, you will need an extended brake line.

Hey Klowns.. how did you get the kit for $1560? It's $1700 on their site now. Hook us up.

Just call em up and say, my friend ordered a kit, and got it delievered to his house for a total of $1560, and see what they say.

The thing is I called in, and he said ok, how much does it say on the site, and I said I dunno.

He said ok, well I can give it to you for 1560 to the door, I was like heh, ok.

and that was that.

Contact Scott at the 4wheel parts here in Dallas.
972-578-7825

Let him know you are a member of the Explorer4x4.com board and tell him I sent you. He should be able to help you out.

Hmm.. maybe I'll have my gf call... flirt with him a little... get it for $cheap$

Dude, so how do you like it?

So do you have any pictures of the final product...Im dying to see what it looks like with 3bl and 4suspension lift....

Thank you Section525.......

Suspension Question

If someone could help me in finding out how much a suspension lift for a 4x4 Sport Trac would cost that would be great. I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find a suspension lift for it, because of the 2 differentials in the front. If someone could help that would be great, I'll be putting pics of my truck up soon. It's a sharp one. Thanks again!

Dead Link Removed, Trac!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Suspension

Thanks, hopefully I can get it ordered soon. Thanks again!

Back