• Register Today It's free!

4" superlift

nutterjlm

Reaction score
City, State
Columbia, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT 4x4
i tried to delete my last thread b/c nobody replied but it wouldn't let me. does anyone have the 4" superlift? (i think that is the one with the drop-down brackets in the front) is that all there is to the lift, drop-down brackets for torsion bars and A frames or is there more?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Search for taxxman2k. He has all kinds of info and write-ups about the 4" Superlift.

Complete kit for the 4" Superlift is as follows:

Front axle drop brackets
Sway bar drop brackets for the front
Extended sway bar arms for the rear
4" arched leaf springs
Drop pitman arm
New shocks
Optional extended brake lines
Front coils

That is the kit that I have. If you are interested, I am looking to swap my 4" leafs for a set of stock ones. I am wanting to do an SOA and need the stock ones, and I would be willing to trade straight out.

Ooops sorry, I just read that you have a 96 Ex, mine is a 94:D Leaf springs should be the same though if you are interested!

i am just trying to figure out if i could make the drop down brackets for the front of my X for the lift, my uncle owns a machine shop and all i would need are specs for the brackets. I don't know if there is more to it than just brackets though, that's what i'm trying to find out

Don't forget you'd need to change the steering setup also!

In addition to the crossmember brackets, you need drop brackets for the front axel/diff and like 525 said, something to relocate the steering.

The rear only requires you to relocate the axel under the stock leaf springs. That kit costs maybe 50 bucks all said and done. You can also get 4" lift springs at an added cost instead of the axel conversion.

i am going to do a SOA conversion myself but I am going to have to take out my AAL and shackles so as not to get too much lift, i may have to take out my helper spring too because i can not lift up the front any more. i was just wondering if there was a way i could make the brackets for the front end like the 4" superlift does. does anyone have a list of what comes with the lift in the front (is there a web site that has the list and specs?) as far as the steering I can get a steering extension to fix that right?

You guys are missing a few things:

The 2nd gen Super lift comes with:

-4" Leafs for rear (extended rear brakeline needed if swaybars are disconnected)
-New extended sway bar connects for rear
-2 front drop down brackets for lowwer control arms
-2 front brakeline relocation brakets
-4 New Extended shocks all around
-2 Extended tie rods for steeling linkage
-2 Longer new SPINDLES!!! (most important)
-Optional extended front driveshaft
-2 Extended T-Bar dropdown brakets
-Extended Front Sway bar links (these are crap)

If you are going to keep the t-bars, you are better off just buying the kit (you don't have to buy the rear leaf springs). I work for an aerospace machine shop. We have every tool imagenable and 40 CNC machines. When I do my SAS, yeah I'm gunna fab everything myself, but the time, money, effort, materials, and vehicle downtime just to make a lift with the t-bars won't be worth it (just my opnion). If you have a 4wd you won't be able to get much more travel out of this IFS. Either way, good luck. Have you heard about the RCD kit? If you are going to fab something, check out that kit first.

Back