4-Wheel Jamboree, Essex Jct VT!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4-Wheel Jamboree, Essex Jct VT!!!

I'm in for sure, and I'm down for splitting a motel room.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bi-Zump!

I've been offline for a week or so... any new plans goin on?

Eric should be coming, but can't be sure just yet though since his finals are soon afterwards. Other than that, all I can say is that I drove from Brockton up to Burlington (just past Essex Jct) on Saturday and from there to the Essex exit was 230 miles and about 3.5 hours driving 75 mph +/- a couple. I believe the show starts at 9 or 10 so let me know how early you folks are willing to head out. Any other questions, feel free to post or give a call @ (781) 344-0250

Issac,

So what is the final word on whos staying at my parents place?

Eric and myself unless he has to cancel because of class.

by the way, the best collection of pics i can find of jambos past, is from 2 years ago here

The pics are sweet!! Its going to be a rockin time.

So who's going to be moteling it? Lets get a list and make some reservations so we can split rooms and save $$.

I am! I am! I'll be coming alone but will be staying a few extra days at my uncles up there so I gotta drive my own "truck" ( ;) izack)... :fart:

EDIT: "I'm moteling it" is what I meant by that haha..

OK, sorry I haven't been keeping on top of this as I haven't been online much lately. So far Eric and I will be driving up to get Kita and head straight thru to Essex. (Basically going around part of I-89.) Tim and Aaron, you guys are coming up in Timmy's car? :D Aaron since we'll both have CB's by then, do you think it will be much to slap yours into Tim's ride for the weekend after you get one? Trust me when I tell you cell coverage is anything BUT reliable up there, even with a mag-mount antenna. That way if you go straight thru as I pick up Kita, we can still (try to) keep in touch.

Saturday night I'll be driving Kita southeast to Barre to meet her mom and drop her off. She'll only be with us one day. Make the most of it (wisely!!!); she's an awesome girl to be around! :D

And I just get to sit on my butt and wait for you guys. MUhh Hahaha. I love Living in Essex

But we get to mooch off you. :D

I took friday/saturday/sunday off from work. When are you actually heading up?

I booked a room at the Motel 6 in Burlington for Saturday the 31st for $81 per night, cuz that was the best rate I could find in a reasonable distance.

I'd love it if we could caravan up there since I have a habit of getting lost everywhere I go (and it seems you and aaron aren't much better, seeing as how we got lost on the way TO and FROM the Expo center.) At least if we get lost together we'll have some help if we need it.

I'm budgeting the weekend at $115 for myself. I figure $40 for hotel (assuming its just me and Aaron), $35 for gas (A tank up and a tank home), $25ish for food, and $15ish for the ticket into the show...

I want to do a group shot of everyone and their X's! I was thinking we could do Dennys for dinner one night depending on how late the jamboree gets done. My next choice would be Chilies or Resturant 99 if it gets out at a decent time.

Scormunch said:

I booked a room at the Motel 6 in Burlington for Saturday the 31st for $81 per night, cuz that was the best rate I could find in a reasonable distance.

I'd love it if we could caravan up there since I have a habit of getting lost everywhere I go (and it seems you and aaron aren't much better, seeing as how we got lost on the way TO and FROM the Expo center.) At least if we get lost together we'll have some help if we need it.

I'm budgeting the weekend at $115 for myself. I figure $40 for hotel (assuming its just me and Aaron), $35 for gas (A tank up and a tank home), $25ish for food, and $15ish for the ticket into the show...

I plan to leave early dependent on when Eric shows up. Hopefully 6-ish since it's gonna take me extra time to get Kita. When i went to Burlington to see her a couple weekends ago, it took me 3.5 hours doing 75-ish. Give an extra 45 minutes for going up I-91 to get Kita, then going from there, up Rte 25 to Rte 302 to get back on I-89. If you want you can follow me up to her place, or go straight up and meet Matt in Essex and I'll catch up. If you go straight thru, you could go 65-70 and I'll do 75-80 to do my best to catch up. It worked when I caught up to her folks just before the exit to meet her in B-town.

Do you want to meet me off of the Furnace Brook exit just north of the route 3 split in the morning? I'll check with Eric to see how early he can meet me.

Scormunch said:

Tim, thanks a million for booking the room - You've definiteley got my $40 in for the room.

As for vehicles, are you going up with anyone? I'm flying solo, and if you're doing the same we could pile into one truck. Again, I'm more than happy to pay for some gas, etc.

CB? Sure... I have loudpype's mount, and I'm not burrying the wire so I can rig up a cigarette lighter plug and we'd be all set to move it over, if we don't take my truck.

And what's this @#$% about getting lost? I was merely taking the scenic route, as my front driveshaft fell off.

V8BoatBuilder said:
And what's this @#$% about getting lost? I was merely taking the scenic route, as my front driveshaft fell off.

Yeah, ya wiseass! WHO was the one I saw speed past the parking lot before finally turning around again? *coughTIMcough*

Now if you were to bring up the trip back from Manchester Airport...I'll take the blame for that one. :D

Haha i forgot about both of those...

Ok, ok... I have a really bad habit of getting lost. :fart:

Scormunch said:
Haha i forgot about both of those...

Ok, ok... I have a really bad habit of getting lost. :fart:

Online ticket purchase. $24 for both days.

Directions. It's at the Champlain Valley Fairgrounds off exit 12 of I-89. Or if you want, you can follow me as I go to get Kita, but it's going to take a little extra time. Like I said, about 45 minutes to an hour out of the way. If you've got Aaron and his CB with you, it shouldn't be a problem. I can only forsee you getting lost after exit 12 when you get to Essex, but there ought to be signs. If not, Matt can post his cell number, and I'll ask Eric if I can give you his. If mine is back up by then (hahaha) I'll let you know.

Isac

go Ahead and send everyone who is going my cell phone in a pm. I don't want everyone to see my phone number, then I will start geting strange phone calls.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How far north is Essex....the wife and I love VT...I could prolly talk her into a camping trip.

I see the tickets say spectator.....will our trucks be in the jamboree or will we bee sitting and watching? Are there contests to run in, etc...

Back