4-Wheel Jamboree in Essex Jct, VT!! 8/6/05-8/7/05 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4-Wheel Jamboree in Essex Jct, VT!! 8/6/05-8/7/05

So I don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, but entering a truck in the show is $45 for the weekend if you pre-register, and expo admission is $30-35 plus parking.

Should I enter?!?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is anyone leaving Saturday as I would rather follow someone up there...

Just finished getting my rig back together and on-road... I'm heading out the door right now with est 4hr drive.... Isaac has my cell if anyone needs to reach me...

anyone leaving saturday???

anyone leaing today... Just got home from work...

Hi Dave,

I couldn't tell you, but Aaron, Matt, John, Seara, Isaac, and I are already here. Hope to see you soon. Call one of us when you arrive, OK?

Hi From Essex Junction Vermont!!

I'm posting this from one of the guest computers at the hotel, we are staying at. Today we decided instead of going to the Jamboree, we thought instead to look for some trails someone told Aaron about in order to go four wheeling. The trail had some nice obstacles, water/mud pits, rocks to climb over, even went up some pretty steep hills. I rode in John DeRocha's rig, I even had to climb up on his spare to get in his truck.

All in all it was a great first experience for me :D ....I can't wait for the next time. Pictures to follow when we get home.

SoBeLover said:
Hi Dave,

I couldn't tell you, but Aaron, Matt, John, Seara, Isaac, and I are already here. Hope to see you soon. Call one of us when you arrive, OK?

Sandy spelt my name wrong lol....Saera..lol...but thats beside the point..it's awesome, anybody who decided not to come, your should be kickin yourself hard in the rear...we are havin a blast!!!

Arrived home last night, after a fun weekend.

I look forward to seeing everyone's pics, especially of the wheeling run.

Pics??? Where's the pics?

Iam waiting for pics also! Sandy Took some and Rockofages took alot. I know Johns camera was regular film I think.

Fordexplorer157 said:
Iam waiting for pics also! Sandy Took some and Rockofages took alot. I know Johns camera was regular film I think.

mine have to download onto the computer first then get sent to isaac then get posted...(grrr) but they are comming...along with the offroading bus..:p

RockOfAges said:
mine have to download onto the computer first then get sent to isaac then get posted...(grrr) but they are comming...along with the offroading bus..:p

Just post them your self...

Very upset i wasn;t able to get up there. Just did not want to drive without following another truck...

davidmmm69 said:

Very upset i wasn;t able to get up there. Just did not want to drive without following another truck...
There's always next year...try and keep the first weekend of next August open till you fin d the exact date. You have about a 4.5 hour drive each way to get there. It'd be a shame to drive 8-9 hours to spend 6 at the show for only one day, know what I mean?

It was posted very early this year. Like 7 Months early. Its just a straight shot up. 93 to 89 up all the way according to John.

izackary said:
There's always next year...try and keep the first weekend of next August open till you fin d the exact date. You have about a 4.5 hour drive each way to get there. It'd be a shame to drive 8-9 hours to spend 6 at the show for only one day, know what I mean?

davidmmm69 said:

It was a great time - and super easy to get to. 89 is a beautiful road to travel on.

All of us drove up and back seperatly, the only convoys happened up in Essex.

The return trip down 89 was just fantastic. The hills, valleys, and surrounding views were beautiful (and completely missed by me during my night time drive up on Friday). Sandy and I made good time (helped by the mostly downhill ride). We arrived at the South Station Bus terminal at 9:03pm. I've never been before. It was 5 stories tall and setup like a mini airport terminal. Both elevators were out of order (weird for such a new building). We had to walk down 2 flights of stairs to the 3rd level where you buy tickets. After waiting 15 minutes for 3 clueless people to buy their tickets it only took Sandy a minute or 2 to buy hers (she already new exactly what she needed).

I only used my 35mm film camera as my digital camera's charger has been MIA for the past month. The pics were dropped off Monday and should be back Thursday.

I spent a solid hour+ cleaning the mud off my X. I didn't get too much inside, but as always the frame rails and skid plates tend to collect the most. Nothing too eventful underneath just a loose driver's side front bump stop (semi-expected) when inspecting the suspension.

Ok after having experienced the jamboree first hand I'm thinking next year we should plan for the same kind of weekend (wheeling on Saturday and the Jamboree on Sunday). IMO this mix worked out very well as 2 days of the jamboree could be overkill. I'm also plaining on bringing the family unit next year as they would enjoy the festivities as well.

DeRocha said:
).
I spent a solid hour+ cleaning the mud off my X. I didn't get too much inside, but as always the frame rails and skid plates tend to collect the most. Nothing too eventful underneath just a loose driver's side front bump stop (semi-expected) when inspecting the suspension.

YOU CLEANED YOUR TRUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????? :p

RockOfAges said:
YOU CLEANED YOUR TRUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????? :p
I had to...My tires stick out too much and would be considered illegal right now; so having that much mud on the side of my truck will bring too much attention right now... Judging from the mud on my truck I also had to worry about Vermont coming after me with a land theft charge. :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DeRocha said:
I had to...My tires stick out too much and would be considered illegal right now; so having that much mud on the side of my truck will bring too much attention right now... Judging from the mud on my truck I also had to worry about Vermont coming after me with a land theft charge. :p

:p thats funny...make it legal, come back up, get muddy and screw vermont :p

Back