4-Wheelin in Long Island NY (pics) | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4-Wheelin in Long Island NY (pics)

I need the right axle shaft, both parts since the knuckle was broken.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

keep an eye on the clasifieds here and therangerstation, they're around

anyone up for planning a day trip? =P

Yeah im getting a loud knock from the front right CV so i think its time to replace but not till after i move into the new crib...hows everyon been? any trips lately or are we all due for some repairs...no these tires arent my stocks my cousin made those things whitewalls before i got the truck theyre yokohama geolander hts i catnt complain about them at all they are great tirs for onroad and not too bad off hiway...

I think we're still recovering from the carnage at Rausch. lol

haha i know my girl still is recoverin pinion seal is now my worst enemy up front

Hey looks like its been about a month.. but im just giving ya a heads up.
the old Gruman Plant in Calverton (EPCAL // Calverton Industrial Park) is now closed, they put large Concrete Slabs and closed some gates, LIRR is working there so they closed alot of space and so forth.. no off roading there :/ As for manorville i took a trip a couple days ago. and my friend got stuck :/
BUT they have signs up, Suffolk decided to make it a park, and closed off alot of trails with "No ATV/Trailbikes" and some with "no unauthorized...." signs..

(we ignored one and went threw a gate)
38353_461099765080_635450080_6426166_925858_n.jpg

its been a while hows everyone been any new spots to go wheeling in ny ball joints fixed new tires go on soon and im itching to head out there that sux about the park they always have to ruin the fun...*******s

I'm mid lift kit installation and the Bronco II is for beach driving only. A few weeks ago I tried finding that street in Manorville but it looked all residential area and I kept going in circles. There's that huge ass run in Jersey later this month...

hey anyone know any over trails than yaphank? i know some behind handy pantry on smithtown blvd. near lake ronkonkoma. :thumbsup:

Handy Pantry in Bohemia? I live right by there and it's less of a trip then Manorville. I heard Yaphank either was closed or is now being monitored.

go to google maps and put in Handy Pantry, Smithtown, Nesconset, NY

look to the right and zoom in. they are right there. not massive though

I am gonna guess that my stock '11 XLT is not suitable for these types of runs?

^^^^^^ not to sure mines stock too. But its a 97 XLT

It's entirely up to you how dirty and how far you want to push your vehicle. I looked it up, looks like a street that turns into a dirt road or something. Might be worth a check.

So far we haven't had a Long Island run which really sucks.

yea i want to look and try it out. not to crazy but somtn nd that would be pretty cool for a meet and stuff like that.

Anyone go to SUNY FARMINGDALE on long island? Cause I have seen two modified explorers for offroading. Just wondering. One is green looks like on 35's nd the other is white.

Ah Farmingdale....I had some good times in that garden...

Anyways. A meet and greet might be cool. Any one ever make it out to Smith Point? Might be cool to plan like a bbq run in the spring.

Ah Farmingdale....I had some good times in that garden...

Anyways. A meet and greet might be cool. Any one ever make it out to Smith Point? Might be cool to plan like a bbq run in the spring.

Lmao its a pretty nice garden lol. But a meet n very wld be cool. I go to smiths point all the time. I can def do somtn there. Especially with its enormous parlinglot and beach capability. Which I need to get.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How far can I push my 97 XLT on the island???

Back