4-Wheelin in Long Island NY (pics) | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4-Wheelin in Long Island NY (pics)

How far can I push my 97 XLT on the island???

Depends on how strong you are. :rolleyes:

The trail to Moriches inlet normally has a little bit of mud and some big puddles and a few whoop de doos. Be careful of the puddles, especially at high tide. (see my registry for my 92' in my sig.)

Your stock vehicle is pretty capable. Before you go out make sure your 4WD is working properly, you have some tow points/strap as well as other equipment.

Somewhere on the boards here there is a good thread for those new too offroading. It's definitely worth a read.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ohhh gotcha a. and I've been reading around I'm gnu go with some friends soon i hope just to try it out. and by any chance do u have black rims on ur 92? Because I see a red 92 with black rims coming home from Farmingdale on the LIE during the week.

Anything soon? I'm in Brooklyn, so the drive to long island won't be a problem. I'm all stock with running boards. I wanna get some mud on this though. It's been a street car for too long.

^^^^^agreed i need to get my explorer dirty as well!!!!^^^^^

ohhh gotcha a. and I've been reading around I'm gnu go with some friends soon i hope just to try it out. and by any chance do u have black rims on ur 92? Because I see a red 92 with black rims coming home from Farmingdale on the LIE during the week.

Read further down my registry and you'll see my red Ex went :roll: and is no longer with us. haha

The unfortunate thing about LI is that any potential trails are grey areas, hence lack of any major discussions in the public forums.

Best thing to do would probably be a meet and greet/bbq run to Smith Point in the summer. Or anywhere. I'm not sure if Smith Point is still allowing day passes.

ohh okk. well guess its a fluke lol. and that would be cool for a meet

Been a while since I checked this thread. Any Long Islanders still around? I've been hanging with a local Bronco group and thought it'd be pretty cool to get an Explorer group going too. Would be nice to have a group established by the spring for some runs.

i totally agree^^^^^^!

Just wanted to update any one interested in trying their luck at any 'trails' on LI. If you're been following the news you'll know that several bodies were found near one of the spots people go to. Trails are hotter than ever and the police are all over many of the well known spots. More than ever there is a risk of getting caught which means tickets and most likely impounding ala new laws.

That being said, did any one get a beach pass yet?

DEC Now has gates on all manorville trails.. 100% locked up even before the bodies were found.

gotta go get my green key first then the beach pass is mine! and is a meet going to happen eventually? that does no harm to anyone

anyone affected by the brush fires out east?

no but i do see the smoke im from Shirley

meet up any time???

Maybe sometime mid June? Too much to do getting ready for Carlisle AFN. I've been involved in the Long Island Bronco Club. Check em' on facebook. They're mostly full size Broncos but they put up with me when I had the Ex.

There's another group on fb that I think some one was planning a trip to the Jersey Pine Barrens tomorrow.

ok sounds good.

Finally got the beach pass and green key

have fun with my money suffolk county...:salute:

finally got onto the beach yesterday. It was interesting. At first everything was going well. although it was cold and windy at first. BUT! a JEEP got stuck, naturally i decided to go help. Ended up going strait into a hole on the sand. If i had my phone you would seen it. Talk about flexing lol. Sand shooting everywhere while a fellow explorer looked on in my failure. I was pulled out by a nissan. Everyone was nice and all. After that it warmed up and got me some sunburn. Cant wait to go again!

How did the storm treat everyone last year is definitely destroyed the beach trails is everyone's truck, home, family ok...lets do some wheeling soon, anyone down?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I went last weekend to some new local places. Had a blast. I'm probably going to hold off until the Bronco is done so I don't beat my daily driver. I'll ride shotgun though!

Back