4 x 4 Switch

JonC

Reaction score
City, State
Derby
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 UK spec - LPG soon!
Hi folks,

While I'm poking around and have parts of the truck in pieces, I'm also looking for anything else that might need attention while I've got a particular section in pieces. Can't see any sense in ignoring something that dismantling the same area in a few weeks' time!

Unfortunately I've come across another 'what is it?' type of question and although I'm on my third Explorer, I can't remember how the others were so here goes....

The legend above the 4 x 4 switch - should it light up when the lights are on and if so, how? It's semi-transparent, there's what appears to be a lamp holder/socket but it's on the switch body and below where you'd want light and then there's the small matter of there being nothing in the loom to produce light!

Might be an obvious answer but I don't like to make assumptions when there are others around who know
better!

s-l1600.jpg

Oh, and if anyone cares to explain to me (again!) how to put photos in my posts, I'd be all ears! I did know once but I'm getting on a bit now...!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

as far as i can remember it only lights up dependent on whether high or low is preselected when on auto it lights up when the 4x4 kicks in, unable to be sure as mine is waiting for me to kick its arse back into life

Thanks Gents! I've poked around a bit more and found that the switch itself has an integral green lamp powered by two of the four connections to the switch. Seems like my bulb has gone then!

I have a few more bits like this to clean up; the light switch itself doesn't light up (and from the diagrams I have, I think it should) and same goes for the mirror switch. Onward...!!

Back