400 M into a 1991 Explorer Feeler Thread! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

400 M into a 1991 Explorer Feeler Thread!

Ok guys the plans are in the works to do some major mods to my LimeGreen Monster.

This will be the first thing i do after getting back from Tellico 08. I want to have my ducks in line so this summer the motor can get the go over and the tranny re built to.

I need to get some good thinking brains going on this before i start this swap.

#1 I have a 400M Big Block that would be a nice replacement after i go thought the motor. I have the C6 and np205 comb to go with it. Im not even sure it will fit between the fenders of the explorer. Help me out here.

#2 Can you go propane injection on a 400 BB and have the power you will have from gas? I dont know much about the propane deals.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will be very interested in this, i just scored a c6....

I think it will fit but i dont know of anyone that has done it yet. The explorer is going though a major change.

i'm putting a 390 in the 71 tomorrow

71 ????

oh and anyone know if there has been any other v8 conversions other than the 5.0s

71 f100 pickup. found an f250 with a good motor.

as far as other conversions, i have seen lots of strokers, but have only heard rumors of 351 swaps, and have a buddy trying to do a modular 4.6 in a first gen.

I have heard of 351s but never seen any......

This is just a odd swap i guess

When are ya gonna do it? before tellico?

No after tellico everything is gonna go down.

Edit: LoL cyber

I have heard of 351s but never seen any......

This is just a odd swap i guess

Yea i am surprised no one has tried/done a swap using a 351W instead a 5.0

I really want to get away from computer controlled stuff

I'm worried about jealousy and my want to do something like that. Something like what the guy in that thread did for his 351 might work for your application or at least give ya an idea of where to go.

Yeah i know the axles will handle it so thats not a prob. I just got to get all the details worked out first. If yll dont know i have to plan my stuff out. I dont do things as i go.

And i know you want to do it ........

Oh and duhhh 410 got the 5.0 in the bII so i know i can get this 400 in the explorer

I really want to build a diesel explorer......maybe a mercedes 3.2......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From what Ive read a Similar propane setup to a gas setup will have less power. Propane has less energy to give in combustion so you get less power.

Back