410 fortune - 5.0L EFI 4R70W drivertrain conversion | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

410 fortune - 5.0L EFI 4R70W drivertrain conversion

I am close Jaime, now that you got that wiring all figured out like a mad scientist, you can build me one! I'll even let Brett help! Seriously, you guys never cease to amaze me. Make sure you post some of that SOHC stuff.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brett's SOHC thread will be short and sweet I have a feeling

Waiting on parts right now but plan is to have it running this weekend.

Last I hear Joe's Ranchero is also running with this same GT-40 and 4r70w drivetrain...have to go over there and check out his conversion too!

What a bunch of hooey.
Both codes have returned, the DTR AND the Bank 1 Sensor 1 heater circuit failure.

This points to a faulty PCM, so now I have to locate a working PCM with the same calibration code.....

June 07, 2006

Since EF.com now has a BII Forum I decided to move my BII Drivetrain conversion thread to its new home.

Update:

The engine is in, the engine mounts line up perfectly (thank you L&L) the dual sump mustang pan clears everything EXCEPT the duff axle pivot bracket. I could grind about 1/4" to 1/2" off of the bracket to clear, or I can add some simple washer style spacers on the L&L brackets to raise the engine up 1/2" or so, then it will clear perfectly....

WE met on tin cup pass\Lday red x sport I wood like to talk with you about doing a5.0 con onit pleas \e let me know winn it wood be good for you Emain is Joz4fun@aol.com;)

See I told you! hahahaha Nice to hear from you again you have a Email on the way

June 07, 2006

Since EF.com now has a BII Forum I decided to move my BII Drivetrain conversion thread to its new home.

probably the mlps.

Say what now?

info needed

do you or enyone know if the rear seat fron a 4 door x will fit a sport my wife would to seat 3 in the back with seatbelts

hang on guys...we've been hijacked!

Tell your wife to search.

Tell your wife to buy a 4 door.

the rear seat from a 4 door will not fit in a sport, they are different.

Hey Jamie, This may not be the right place, but can you tell me all what was involved when you put the 4.0 in orignally. Looking for info on Mainly wireing at the firewall. Do I only need a few wires? The motor we have to go in the ranger has the wiring cut at where it would go into the cab. Thanks;)

Hey Jamie, This may not be the right place, but can you tell me all what was involved when you put the 4.0 in orignally. Looking for info on Mainly wireing at the firewall. Do I only need a few wires? The motor we have to go in the ranger has the wiring cut at where it would go into the cab. Thanks;)

I've talked to you earlier about this as well... Can we start a new thread?

Stic O I would be happy to talk about the 4.0L wiring I did, I also updated the 88 to use a 93 power distribution box under the hood.
The way I build a 4.0L conversion harness (or any conversion harnesss really) is to use the 1988 plugs that used to plug into the truck (at the firewall, from the 2.9L PCM and power dist harness) Then, re pin them onto the end of the new 4.0L harness.
the 4.0L harness is stripped of anything not needed in the BII (BII already has headlight wiring, fuse panel under the dash, you dont need daytime running lamps or 4WABS brakes, you may want to remove the cruise control and AC, etc), re pinned to match the trucks wiring useing the original plugs and blamo you have a better then factory harness.

The key is to make a complete map of the truck and then of your new PCM, engine and trans harness. I went a step further and replaced the BII crappy relay setup with the 93 power box and power distribution, alternator wiring etc. This makes it real easy to go back and add things like an electric fan, heated seats, stereo, etc later and its integrated into the factory harness

:)

Does that answer it?

Stic O I would be happy to talk about the 4.0L wiring I did, I also updated the 88 to use a 93 power distribution box under the hood.
The way I build a 4.0L conversion harness (or any conversion harnesss really) is to use the 1988 plugs that used to plug into the truck (at the firewall, from the 2.9L PCM and power dist harness) Then, re pin them onto the end of the new 4.0L harness.
the 4.0L harness is stripped of anything not needed in the BII (BII already has headlight wiring, fuse panel under the dash, you dont need daytime running lamps or 4WABS brakes, you may want to remove the cruise control and AC, etc), re pinned to match the trucks wiring useing the original plugs and blamo you have a better then factory harness.

The key is to make a complete map of the truck and then of your new PCM, engine and trans harness. I went a step further and replaced the BII crappy relay setup with the 93 power box and power distribution, alternator wiring etc. This makes it real easy to go back and add things like an electric fan, heated seats, stereo, etc later and its integrated into the factory harness

Does that answer it?

Sort of, I guess ours should be pretty easy then. We doing a 93 4.0 into a 85 Ranger. So the ranger dosn't really have much to start with. No power anything, manual trans, and of corse no EFI. (2.8) I guess I just need to find the ignition wires and a few others.

and you have to convert the fuel system to EFI
You will want to add the 93 style power box to get the fuel pump, AC WOT (if you want AC) and EEC relays, also you will supply the interior fuse panel with power from the under hood power box.

85 ranger with no power anything has about 16 wires you are dealing with on the truck side of things, no biggie

I have wiring charts I can send you that may help, they are my notes from over the years...email me :)

Does that answer it?

Read- The dude is a mad scientist!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

and you have to convert the fuel system to EFI
You will want to add the 93 style power box to get the fuel pump, AC WOT (if you want AC) and EEC relays, also you will supply the interior fuse panel with power from the under hood power box.

85 ranger with no power anything has about 16 wires you are dealing with on the truck side of things, no biggie

I have wiring charts I can send you that may help, they are my notes from over the years...email me :)

We have the whole wiring harness for the engine, and ECU, and the power dist box. Only thing that was cut is where it went to the cab. Should I just find a 93 tank and through it in, or will the old one work? Do you have your notes that you could e-mail me? that would be a great help.;)

Back