• Register Today It's free!

4406 Eshift swap

Andrewgt40

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
Sport trac
Im doing a 5.0 swap on my sport fail and wondering if the wiring will be the same going from the 1354 or whatever the fxck we have in the sport tracs to 4406 eshift ? Have a 97 f150 case i pulled and it looks like the wiring is the same but not sure. Trans is obviously a 4r70w. Im talking about the 4x4 shift motor . Thanks for the help

I think I reused the Sport Trac connector to the Tcase and taped off the brown wire for the auto 4wd if it has, has worked fine for over a year.
The year of the truck is helpful as 04,05 went to an independent 4wd system outside of the GEM for elec shift

if it can come w a TOD 4405 or 1354, it can come with a 4406! shift motor is the same, iirc its close to plug/play, not sure if there were minor differences? perhaps @410Fortune can confirm!

Use your sport trac motor
It will bolt onto the 4406 t case
The truck side wiring does not change

However!! It is very likely you will need to add the neutral safety wire and it’s ground to your transmission dtrs if you want to get the low range shift to work

5.0 were shipped without this wire since they never had a shifting t case

In this thread I built a 5.0 2000 ranger using the 4406 e shift t case and I detailed how to add the neutral safety wire

Back