$45 Ebay Mustang Intake Mod for 4.6L 2004 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

$45 Ebay Mustang Intake Mod for 4.6L 2004

jdmitrswapped

Reaction score
City, State
albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Limited
I ordered this kit http://www.ebay.com/itm/381091294783?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Had to cut off the tube from the top cover.
IMAG0453.jpg

Cleaned it up a bit with a reciprocating saw and band saw.
IMAG0456.jpg

Here's what's leftover from the kit.
IMAG0457.jpg

It's late so this is all I'm going to do for now. I used a zip tie to keep it from moving around temporarily.
IMAG0459.jpg

Took it for a spin around the block. The sound is noticeable at WOT but not loud. I don't think I can even hear it at normal driving. It's quieter than I was hoping but heck it's $45 and took only 40 minutes.

I removed both resonators today and now it's louder and more to my taste =)

So now instead of drawing good, cool air from in behind the headlight you are sucking up nice hot air from under the hood... Umm definitely not a performance enhancement but if sound is all you want then motor on!

So now instead of drawing good, cool air from in behind the headlight you are sucking up nice hot air from under the hood... Umm definitely not a performance enhancement but if sound is all you want then motor on!

The oem lower intake box which routes air from behind headlight is still there, plus the filter is so far forward that once I'm moving it doesn't look like its going to draw any significant heat from the engine. I could be wrong but thats just my guess. Besides I did it for the sound.

Back