• Register Today It's free!

47-600 blades

jay1028

Reaction score
City, State
N.E Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT V8
I have used up my stash of these blades. All I can find now is that they are $10 a pair by mail and that is the cheapest if I buy 6 pair at a time. They go as high as $16. I was paying $6 a pair when they were available locally. Anyone still using these narrow blade refills? For $10, I might as well buy the entire wiper for $10 a pair at walmart and have to use the wider wipers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

$6.99 , what about the shipping??? Free??

Hmm, I just noticed Autozone has free ground shipping till May 19th, no minimum order. Figures... there's one a mile up the road from me.

I can't remember what brand it was but just for an experiment on the Focus, I bought the $4.95 blade and the $16 blade. Installed both the same time. Both began streaking within a month of each other, usually at six months. I just can't buy into the expensive blades. Maybe it's where I live.

^ Where you live definitely makes a difference. Mine is parked in the landing path of a busy airport. Jet exhaust coats everything including my windshield and wiper blades. I try to make it a point to scrub my windshield with blue ("non-scratch" type not industrial type, and never green or brown which can scratch glass) scotch brite pads when I wash the vehicle, as well as the wipers then spray them with dry silicone and wipe off the excess.

I've had the rainx blades about $18 each on everything since they came out and they are worth every dollar , heavy rain, snow , bird crap , mud , nothing better , and they last years !

I use Motorcraft..$6 a pop at Rockauto.

I use silicone blades, no idea how much they cost me but they last for ages.

Back