48 degrees outside, A/C set to 73, blows cold air | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

48 degrees outside, A/C set to 73, blows cold air

bobogator

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
2012 Explorer Limited

Variations of this scenario (65,72,blows cold air, etc.). The cold air blows through the top vents. If I let it run, it might stop blowing cold through the top vents and start blowing warm air from the lower (feet) vents, but other times it just keeps blowing cold. Sometimes, changing the temp up one or two degrees forces it to blow warm.

Service visit, or just something I have to live with?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2012 Explorer Limited

Variations of this scenario (65,72,blows cold air, etc.). The cold air blows through the top vents. If I let it run, it might stop blowing cold through the top vents and start blowing warm air from the lower (feet) vents, but other times it just keeps blowing cold. Sometimes, changing the temp up one or two degrees forces it to blow warm.

Service visit, or just something I have to live with?

Thanks!
How is your climate control set up? Is it in AUTO mode? I have mine set to AUTO full time with temp set to 72 (20 C) and I get warm air out of the bottom vent, the side defroster air vents and the windshield vents. The only time the air really bursts out of the windshield vents is when I have the DEFROST on. The A/C will at times come on to dry the air and aid in defrosting. I have mine set so that no air comes through the louvered dash vents.
Also, welcome to the Forum bobogator. :wavey:

Peter

Had the same problem on my 2011. Took it in and they had to replace the blender motor. Did notice if you set it to high it will blow warm.

Had the same problem on my 2011. Took it in and they had to replace the blender motor. Did notice if you set it to high it will blow warm.
Oh good. Another little problem.
Welcome to the Forum Foldo.:wavey: I see we now have a few Albertans as members.

Peter

The blender door TSB as posted by swetrid:

DUAL AUTOMATIC TEMPERATURE CONTROL (DATC) - BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR INOPERATIVE
11-12-10

I have the same problem, but realized that if I leave it in Auto, the defrost will eventually turn on automatically. If I try to force defrost, it will blow cold in the morning. Works for now until I can afford to have the blend replaced.

I have the same problem, but realized that if I leave it in Auto, the defrost will eventually turn on automatically. If I try to force defrost, it will blow cold in the morning. Works for now until I can afford to have the blend replaced.
Hi Joe. I'm guessing that there isn't any kind of warranty left on the vehicle such as an ESP extended warranty that the original owner may have bought?

Peter

The blender door TSB as posted by swetrid:

DUAL AUTOMATIC TEMPERATURE CONTROL (DATC) - BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR INOPERATIVE
11-12-10

Ford realy can't get their act together on climate control blend doors. My '97 Ranger, '01 F-250 and '07 Edge all had issues at one time or another with it. Not sure if the Edge and Explorer are vacuum operated like my trucks were, but bot trucks had vacuum problems that caused it. My Explorer had some fan in the dash replaced because it buzzed like it was off balance and they said it was part if the climate control blend system.

Back