48 hrs later ............ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

48 hrs later ............

Mikey*TX

Reaction score
Liv'n in the hollow of an 'ol oak tree. ;-)
City, State
Skunk Hollow, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 ST Star White
My dealers PDI is deficient to say the least. From the get go, the windshield looked as if it was cleaned using a dirty dish rag. That has been corrected. Next morning I check the tire pressures with a high end Milton mechanical gauge. New, bought for this unit use only. All four tires are still at transport settings. 45/46 psi. Now set as should be. Rt/Lf side compartment covers, rear, are in the hidden center storage area. Along with several pieces of white foam and bubble wrap. Now in trash. Rubber cargo mat is still in transport wrap. Lastly, I discover to my dismay that there is no blade in the rear windscreen wiper. Sooooooo ........ Back to the dealer I go. GSM is a good friend so I've no doubt someone in make ready will not be a happy camper in short order. On another note. Had front/rear fish eye cameras installed at Best Buy. Tech does primo work. This gives me just short of 360* coverage. Unit goes into sleep mode upon vehicle shut off. Should there be any impact, even from the side, cameras activate and start recording instantly. "Gotta love it." Strobe modules for the brake lights have been ordered. And, two bullseye red/yellow, interior mount, LED strobes for the corners of the rear hatch glass ordered too. Separate under dash activation switch for them. Having been rear ended in a marked unit several times by both DUI and DD POI's, one can be none to proactive imho. Low cost insurance. By habit, I shoulder my vehicle for calls as soon as can be safely done. I want all the illumination I can get back there. Lastly, the certified, front bumper "PIT" bar is on order. All the mounting holes are on the civilian Exp as on the Interceptor. "Thank you FoMoCo !"
clapping%20smilie.gif

PDI is rarely done correctly... check your radio preset stations and I promise you there have been two or three already put in buy the guys that wash the cars at the dealership. They have to have their loud music blaring while they're cleaning the vehicle.
Sounds like you have a nice setup post some pics when you get a chance.
How far are you from Waxahachie ?
I'm in Killeen Texas retired police officer 27 years

This is a pretty nice push bumper

Setina Push Bumper with Fender Wrap PB5 + PB400 for Cars SUVs Trucks and Vans

Depending upon the design of the "PIT" bar, it may interfere with the Forward Collision Warning system, Adaptive Cruise Control and other sensors mounted on the bumper. This is something that several 5th gen Explorer members experienced

Peter

Just got off the phone with the company that sells that push bar and you are correct it disables all the features you are speaking of.

Back