• Register Today It's free!

4bt?????

wht2wd50

Reaction score
City, State
ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xlt 2wd 5.0
i have several explorer and had an idea for a slightly dif. mod...have built a few with 347 strokers but am think way dif. I am going to attempt a cummin 4bt swap into a 98 xlt explorer 2wd 4dr, i know this has been done with rangers but have never seen it in a explorer. does anyone have any suggestions or idea about doing this 4bt swap in a ranger?? should be about the same for a explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Click the link at the bottom.

Also, if you go on 4btswaps.com, you can find another explorer that was swapped. But you can get more information out of snoranger's thread. Question, why would you want to do it on a 2wd?

Check out Daves build thread over on TRS or 4btswaps. (Cummins_Ranger on TRS, wbdave on 4btswaps.) Hes got a 4bt in his '94 Ranger.

Also look at qumanchew's build on 4btswaps. He just finished a swap into a 2003 Sport trac.

OK, THANKS....is the 4bt swap worth the headache that i have heard about? and FIND 2wd is just what i have available and am looking at putting dana 33 under the front.

OK, THANKS....is the 4bt swap worth the headache that i have heard about? and FIND 2wd is just what i have available and am looking at putting dana 33 under the front.

Thats something you have to decide for yourself. I havent had any headaches with mine yet, but my engine still isnt in. It takes time, money, another car to drive, more time, and more money.

Back