4r44e reverse servo part question | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

4r44e reverse servo part question

brownz

Reaction score
City, State
ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 2.3 auto 2wd
The reverse servo piston is stuck any ideas how to remove to replace o rings. I have been having a problem with reverse after installing new valve body and went to change orings and cover is removed but cannot get the servo out . I dont want damage anything so if anybody have a similar situation please let me know?

Please see last post of this thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

brownz

Reaction score
City, State
ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 2.3 auto 2wd
I got it out by wiggling it back and forth while pulling it outward. There was bunch a dirty fluid behind it. Now the weird part was there suppose to be a spring because there was not.I am quite sure it didn't pop out because i was holding onto the piston.Is that right that there is no spring all replacements I saw had a spring.

brownz

Reaction score
City, State
ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 2.3 auto 2wd
reverse servo parts needed

while removing reverse servo on my sons ranger there was no gasket under the plate and there was no spring either. I did notice the shaft is spring loaded. What parts do I need for the 4r44e reverse servo? I understand the d-rings are better do i need a spring and the gasket that is in the picture as well? the bore has no gouges and the piston is smooth so I do not believe I need a sleeve. Lastly is there a supplier that you recommend for quick delivery or will overnight? I have to get this truck out of garage . Thanks

https://www.wittrans.com/Schematic.aspx?Transmission=A4LD/4R44E/4R55E/5R55E&Schematic=4

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars