4r55e help

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
i hate to do this, but my thread has not yielded the information i seek, and glaciers rebuild diary helped a great deal but i still need a little further help

i need to buy a shift soleniod to cure a CEL/flashing od light P0761

i think this is the correct part?
http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com...5E_transmission_solenoids_p/609-00056841u.htm

also where is it located in the pic below?
epcmounting1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Left most top is SSC solenoid. And that part is the correct part. ALL shift solenoids on the 4R55 and 5R55 are the same, totally interchangeable.

according to that, this is the correct one correct? im a visual learner, lol

Attachments

• epcmounting2.jpg
    epcmounting2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 4,312

Yes. Let's go around counter clo0ckwise from the\top right.

Top right is SSA, then SSC, then TCC, then SSD/CCS, then SSB then EPC

hopefully this will help some people

Attachments

• epcmount.jpg
    epcmount.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 56,948

Well done Grasshopper.

so all of those parts, there are 3 different parts.... the tcc, the epc (both with colored bands depending on tranny) and the shift solenoids (doesnt amtter which tranny and all are interchangeable).....

right?

Only the shift solenoids are interchangeable. The 4R55E EPC is different than the 5R55E EPC.

thats what i meant the shift sollenoids are the same:

ssa
ssb
ssc
ssd/ccs

correct?

need help asap!!!!

what do i torque my tranny filter, epc bracket and pan bolts to?

im about to go outside, and then realize, i dont have these specs

ok, about to be a 911 post, lol... truck is apart and new parts are ready to go in, tranny drained, pan cleaned

thank you brooklynbay

i pulled my EPC and its green, meaning i have the 4r44e... and a $200 epc!!!!!!!

anyway:

I added too much atf. it is past the hatched area. it goes up the dipstick and goes to the D in the word add.

"DON'T ADD IF IN CROSS-HATCHED AREA"

can i leave it alone? or is it critical to go buy a siphon pump and suck some out?

The 4.0L engine uses the 4R55E.

my epc is green

from what i gathered the red was the 4r55e or the 5r55e and green was the 4r44e

as for the level, i think it is ok now, i drove to safeway and once there, re-checked it, it was at the apostrophe in "don't"

"DON'T ADD IF IN CROSS-HATCHED AREA"

brooklynbay, you said i have a 4r55e, but i have a green epc.... according to the links above, and where i got my info from initially, it says the green one is 4R44E transmission EPC solenoid 1995-96 and the red one is 4R55E 4R44E 5R55E transmission EPC solenoid 1997-on (Also used in 4L30E 2000-on)

being mine is green, wouldnt that mean i have the 4r44e? my truck is a 1996

Since it's used with the 4.0L engine, you should have the 4R55E. Were the valve body or transmission ever replaced by someone other than yourself (maybe a previous owner)? I think that the color is also dependent upon the year, so it's the correct color for your year.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

we had the tranny rebuilt a couple years ago, but.... i don't think they touched the EPC, there was no record of that on the invoice. we got the truck used with less than 60k on it from a former boss of my dad, i doubt anything was ever touched on it.

it is a 4.0 and it is a 96. what would make it a 4r55e as opposed to a 4r44e? i thought it was the color of the epc, but that is looking like that is not a telltale sign now....

Back