• Register Today It's free!

4r55e transmission problem

blu4x5_II

Reaction score
City, State
dallas,tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 mazda b4000 4x4
i put this transmission in about 4 1/2 yrs ago. got it from a junkyard paid $350. has served me well. recently it came up w/ code p0761, shift solenoid 3 not working or stuck on. changed #3 solenoid, same problem. now after i've been running say 30-40 miles truck at operating temp and i come 2 say a traffic jam. it doesnt want 2 stay in gear after that. i've read thru a lot of ur post and i do have the delayed 1st and reverse nvr really noticed it until i started reading this forum. but it's weird cuz it only happens under those conditions, i let it sit 4 a while and cool down and it runs like it always did. i'm thinking its a valve body issue more so than internal failure. any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. it also has code p1445 and p0401. code 1445 has been there for yrs i hear it has little effect on engine performance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! I've deleted your other thread since it's a copy of this one. A junkyard transmission is always a gamble since you don't know its condition. Did you check the internal wiring harness?

probably should have when the pan was off. electrical that was my 1st thought but it doesnt explain 2 me at least why this only happens under certain conditions. if it was electrical it would happen when the link was disconnected not only under certain conditions. what is 2-3 flare i hear about.

a junkyard tranny is a gamble but this 1 has lasted 4 1/2 yrs for $350 i'll take it. also the reason i dont want 2 go that route now any 4r55e now that i would get from a junkyard would have at least 100k on it

i can understand that but always under the same condition electrical would happen sporadically

is glacier 991 still around, if so how can i chat w/him

and what about the delayed 1st and reverse, valve body issue correct. u also didnt answer my question on the 2-3 flare what exactly is it

oh and yes i will check the harness from #3 solenoid back some time this weekend. it still doenst explain 2 me why it only happen under the same condition. i forgot 2 mention that so far it has only happen in the heat of the day, i live in the dallas metroplex and it only seems 2 happen when outside temp it 100 degrees or more.

Back