• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

4R70W just rebuilt..same symptoms!? :/

stone4779

Reaction score
2006 Ford E-350 SD XLT 5.4L with a 4R70W

I saw the rebuild diary here and I also had the manual to follow along with. I rebuilt the transmission with new steels and frictions. Replaced the seals that needed it. Although, I didnt replace the EPC or open up the valve body...

Tranny shifts into 2nd(its does go into 2nd initially) and immediately flares up (slips) like I am in neutral.
If I put it into manual 2 it will shift into 2nd.

The shifter goes P R N D 2 1 so I cant manually shift into 3rd.

BUT if I push the button to turn off OD, it shift fine 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

What gives?

I would really appreciate any help here.. :thumbsup:

stone4779

Reaction score
oh and theres no engine braking in manual 2nd . but the pin is engaged into the anchor on the OD band for sure. weird.

wood1

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
North of Edmonton
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT, Cayman Green RIP
How did you make out? If you did all that work and there is no change I am thinking VB.

stone4779

Reaction score
How did you make out? If you did all that work and there is no change I am thinking VB.

Thanks for the reply :)

Yeah I've been thinking it has to be the VB since I didnt touch that part.. I just got the new VB gaskets today so I might mess with it a little but Im on vacation starting today and the vans at work so Ill just have to wait to find out if its the VB after vacation :/ oh well something to do when I get back to get back into the flow of work work work lol