4R70W Trans shutter

Godsday

Reaction score
City, State
Ridgeville sc
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 f150 xlt
I have a 95 f150 5.0l auto 4R70W
Witch has a shutter at idle all the time.
I just bought the truck. So the fluid was a little dark so I pulled the pan and black like sut sitting in The bottom. Happened to see the TC had been changed because it was blue. Changed oil and lucas treatment. I still have the shutter. Put maybe 100 miles and at an idle for a very short time like 1 min the shutter stopped! As I started to drive again it started shuttering again.. any help would be helpful thank you!

To see if it is indeed a converter issue try adding some Lube Guard Dr. Tranny Shudder fix
It will at the very least make an improvment so you can decide where to go from here

The converter can only cause a shudder when the converter clutch is engaged somewhere around 30 to 40 depending on vehicle load.

If you have a shudder sitting still in gear at a idle its not a transmission problem, most likely some kind of engine issue.

The only thing converter related would be a out of balance converter, that only happens when they are rebuilt and not balanced properly during the converter rebuilding process. I have only seen this once or twice, ever.

Back