4th Annual EF S.M.O.R.R. meet 2012 May 4th, 5th, & 6th | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4th Annual EF S.M.O.R.R. meet 2012 May 4th, 5th, & 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric, if you get here early enough, just come over to my place, then we can carpool it to dinner.

Phillip, man I'm happy your new job is keeping you busy, but man, it wont be the same without you :(

I just finished doing some more work on the 95, and still have to work on the trans tomorrow. No work since the exterior staining cant be done yet. I power washed yesterday, and it is still too wet. Guess I get a break to get things done without stressing for time. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine got dropped off the rollback a couple hours ago. Left me stranded about 8 miles from home with failure to start and a p0118. Already have to go back to the parts store to get the right coolant sensor, in the morning. F-n build date info didn't get me the right part

Hell or high water, we will be there, even if it's in the Expedition.

Update also my buddies daughter is going to college there in Springfield and will more than likely be joining us for dinner Thursday night

Things are working against us but we are still planning on being there.
Now my wife has to work Friday, so we will be doing good to get there by Friday night early enough to set up a tent in some kind of daylight.

Youngest son is headed home from College to find an empty house. Oh, speaking of house our living room is all tore up, annnnd, our Anniversary falls this weekend also. I still haven't set our tent up to air it out and give it a going over to make sure it is fit.

Hopefully we'll be there with our hitchiking thumbs out. :D

I was thinking of bringing a 42" fan in case it gets hot.????

Jon, That shop fan would be cool to have, but how will you get it there?

We got a nice surprise last night...Blee1099 has generously donated some items to give out at the meet. Since there isn't enough for everybody, we will just hand out 1 raffle ticket to everybody, and call them off at the Saturday dinner in the pavilion.
Good luck to all! :)

Thanks Blee! :thumbsup:

Awesome!!!

Counting down the hours at work today, leaving Columbia tonight heading to Linn, charge a/c hopefully, load up all camping gear and head out mid day Thursday!!!

My brother is saying he can't afford to go, -seems he always flakes down, so prolly out, but maybe- I will try and persuade tonight. To me seems pretty stupid not to go when offered him my ranger to drive for free.

Made it to Tulsa. 9 hour drive today and a very expensive trip on the Turnpike:eek:

Strike that... 11 hour drive, not 9. So tired I can't count:confused:

gmanpaint said:
Only 3.5 hours left to go Rick! :thumbsup:

Your almost there :)

Turnpikes / toll roads, blech! :thumbdwn:

No toll roads in Missouri!!

Rick said:
Strike that... 11 hour drive, not 9. So tired I can't count:confused:

Sounds like you need a nap or a co-pilot

O.G. said:
Sounds like you need a nap or a co-pilot

Or maybe what he needs is a nap With a co-pilot.

Good morning fellow wheelers.

Today is the 1st day of this meet as the park has opened the gates a day early for us. I'm glad to see some of you are taking advantage of this and setting up today. This will allow you to relax and take your time for setting camp, and getting a full day on the trails tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Tonights dinner @ Springfield Brewing Company will be a great way to kick back and enjoy each others company in a clean civil environment, and will make for some great pictures to share. The food is top notch, the atmosphere is incredible, and you might even sign up with their home delivery program. :)

Mid to upper 80's today, going to be a warm one.
Upper 80's tomorrow, with a slight chance of precip with pop up showers possible.
90 Saturday, with slight chance of a pop up shower in the afternoon. I think this will be north of the park tho, if it does happen.

There is no WIFI at the park, so the only internet will be on your cellphone, or laptop card. Updates will be hard to do from the park for those at home to read, so we will start a return thread when possible.

I really urge all that have cameras and video cams, to bring them and take as many as possible thru out the weekend. We will setup & take group pics on Sat morning in front of the pavilion, during the drivers meeting.

Dont forget to head to the designated area for the drag race & obstacle course after lunch on Saturday :D

Saturday night @ 10:35 pm we will witness a Super Moon, and it should light up the area pretty well on our night run. Should make for some great pictures as well :thumbsup:

I will not be bringing the big BBQ trailer, so if you were planning on using it, make other plans, thanks.

Don't forget to stop for fuel & ice or food in town before you head to the park. There is a Price Cutter grocery store behind the car wash on the east side of the town square. There is 2 gas stations on the north side of RR tracks before the square.

If you staying on a powered camp site, don't forget to pick up the plug convertor at the office when you check in. Did you pack power cords for your fans in your tent? ;)

If your staying in the primitive camp grounds, you can get power to your tent if your close, but you will be charged for it daily. Talk to the office personal about this when you sign in if your interested.

Today & Friday, I ask that you bring back fallen timber for the bonfires on your travels. Anybody that can bring a gas chainsaw to log some timber would be appreciated. Thanks.

Safe travels, wheel smart & use caution on the trails. Always wheel in pairs, if you head out on your own. Keep your CB on, as cell coverage is spotty in the park.

See you all out there!!! :burnout:

I'm staying at the Will Rodgers Downs KOA in Claremore, OK. This is what I woke up to this morning:thumbsup:

Attachments

• horses1.jpg
    horses1.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 186
  • horses2.jpg
    horses2.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 188
  • horses3.jpg
    horses3.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 192

Gman> Don't forget to link that new thread over from here!

:thumbsup::d

Attachments

• 1D7_1247.jpg
    1D7_1247.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 197

Hoping to arrive before midnight tonight, fingers crossed!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hoping to arrive before midnight tonight, fingers crossed!

Where are you driving from? I'm driving out Friday morning.

One of my idler pulleys went bad. Making a trip to O'reilleys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back