4th Gen Explorer Pictures | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

Went for some very mild off roading on Saturday.

P1010337.jpg

P1010338.jpg

P1010340.jpg

P1010341.jpg

P1010339.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great photo's mate.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Excellent pics, good to see an "X" on dirt.

Excellent pics, good to see an "X" on dirt.

Thanks! Even though it has limited abilities it is still plenty of fun to get it out on some dirt. The traction control certainly helps with grip since it has no articulation. :D

Great pics

Thanks guys! Hopefully my friend and I will get some video this weekend if it all works out. He's got a Wrangler (:rolleyes: :p:), so hopefully we get some video before his Jeep breaks down. :D It won't be too exciting if we do get any video, but any video of a 4th gen off roading is cool in my opinion. :D

Willied dont go talking bad on Jeeps! lol (Im a jeep fan) 4th gens hardly get any off road action so I cant wait to see the videos.

Willied dont go talking bad on Jeeps! lol (Im a jeep fan) 4th gens hardly get any off road action so I cant wait to see the videos.

I like Jeeps, too, they just aren't built too well. :D They sure can off road, though. :thumbsup:

I like Jeeps, too, they just aren't built too well. :D They sure can off road, though. :thumbsup:

I agree on them not being built too well; especially the JK model. The 97-about the 05 Wrangler TJ models with the I-6 are great. Reliable as can be. :thumbsup: Sorry about getting off topic.

I know I'm the one that always says lets not get off topic but while we're talking about Jeep's lets bet them to death. Willied, I agree with you, Jeep's are built like ****.. although my dad still has his YJ and he said its been good to him.. I guess the YJ's are the last of the "good Jeeps". Anyways I took it off roading a few times and well... it flexes a hell of a lot better then my 4th gen with about ZERO flexibility.. I'm not gonna lie. Although it got stuck on a few hills that my truck crawls right up! I guess the heavier weight helped the traction on mine.

I like the new JGC, driven 2 of them so far with new Penstar V6 (it's a big SUV like an Explorer).

I like the new JGC, driven 2 of them so far with new Penstar V6 (it's a big SUV like an Explorer).

It's really no longer a Jeep if you ask me. I mean, they did the most with it that they could, but after it's all said and done it's still full IS. And IS has pretty sad articulation most of the time. But I think it's a good upgrade in quality at least. The next redesign of the Wrangler should bring it up to acceptable quality.

It's really no longer a Jeep if you ask me. I mean, they did the most with it that they could, but after it's all said and done it's still full IS. And IS has pretty sad articulation most of the time. But I think it's a good upgrade in quality at least. The next redesign of the Wrangler should bring it up to acceptable quality.

I have to bring this up now. So this guy I have my Automotive course with told me that Independent Suspension is all around better than Solid Axles and have much more articulation and went on and on about how much better IS is over SA.
Solid Axles FTW!!! :D

The next Wrangler better have 2 solid axles...

I have to bring this up now. So this guy I have my Automotive course with told me that Independent Suspension is all around better than Solid Axles and have much more articulation and went on and on about how much better IS is over SA.
Solid Axles FTW!!! :D

The next Wrangler better have 2 solid axles...

Wow, sure IS is better on the road, but off road? Not sure what that guy was thinking.

It would be a travesty if the next Wrangler didn't have solid axles, but seeing how many they sell already, no one cares if it has a bad ride and there are too many people who would blow up Jeep headquarters if they changed it. :D

Agreed, the new JGC drives more the a Range Rover Sport (amazing in it's similarity in terms of road driving), but so does the 4th gen Explorer V8 6 speed.

They look sweet mate!!

Just painted the squares on the rocker panel trim
It took me a second to figure out what you meant. lol I had to go back and compare the two pics before I saw what was different. I really like how you painted that; looks very nice :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Never seen that done before, Looks Great!!

Back