4th Gen - Extended Upper Control Arms with Uni-ball joint | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4th Gen - Extended Upper Control Arms with Uni-ball joint

The Electrician

Reaction score
City, State
Makkah
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT 4WD V6
For those who suspension-lifted their Explorer, they know that this lifting will cause a high stress upon upper control arm's ball joints. and the ball joints tend to fail so often.

Also the lift will cause negative camber at normal ride height

To solve all these problems Brandon@BTF-fab from http://www.btf-fab.com fabricates Extended Upper Control Arms with Uni-ball joint for 4th Gen lifted Explorers, Wagon and Sport Trac for the following benefits:
  • The new upper control arms are longer to give you the adjustability so that your alignment can be set back to factory specs.
  • They are stronger than the stock arms.
  • They have polyurethane bushings for more precise handling and steering. Polyurethane bushings are much stronger and won't wear out as quickly like the stock rubber bushings.
  • They have a uniball joint instead of a regular ball joint. Much stronger, better range of motion, and won't wear out as quickly like the stock regular ball joints under heavy use.

attachment.php

The on the top is the driver side and the on on bottom is the passenger side.

Today I've installed the extended upper control arm and they work great

the installation was a direct procedure

• Secure the vehicle then jack it
  • Remove the front tires
  • Remove the side bolts of the UCA
  • Remove the bolt that attached the spindal with UCA
  • Install the new UCA after lubricating uni-balls using stock bold and washer nut and don't forget putting new 2 washers for each bushing in total of 8 and repeat every thing in reverse

Regarding Lubrication

According to Brandon@BTF-fab from http://www.btf-fab.com

No lube. They have a Teflon liner which provides the lubrication, if you grease them, it just attracts dirt, which can become a gritty paste that will prematurely wear the Uniball.

And the Black Polythene bushings are self lubrication (they are Graphite-Impregnated) and there is no need for extra lubrication.

only one thing when I ordered them I requested them to be extended for 1/2" which i discovered it is just fit with the UCA pushed all the way back and there are no more space for a tolerances or further adjustments

so I recommend that the arms should be 5/16" extend to be more adjustable

here are they with full drop down

attachment.php

here are they with the vehicle jacked down

attachment.php

attachment.php

For ordering PM Brandon@BTF-fab or Call: 909 702 7462 or email him jalopydriver88@yahoo.com he'll be glad to help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone else? I hope this is still happening. I plan on lifting again in the future. Ill be needing these badly.

me too. After these im going to look into some rancho 1.75" maybe i could squeeze in some 34-35". But It might be too close.

anyone else? We cant be the only people looking for these elec.

What are they good for?

if you installed spacer leveling or lift kits like truxxx for example, you will notice a stress on the ball joint in the front upper control arm.

also the front tire will be hard for alignment and if you front the truck you will see the front tires like this / \

this extended upper control arm with uni-ball joint will solve all problems for you

Whats the price on these??

The ones for the 3rd gens i believe were 500 or 599 shipped. Im assuming they would be around the same price. Not a bad price considering no one makes them.

I ordered a set for my Ursula they will be shipped by the end of this month. they cost $550 but not quite sure if shipped or not

wait you already ordered a pair? for 4th gens? I didnt know he was finished making them already. Where do i send my payment????

Brandon will finish making 4th -gen extended upper control arm with uni-ball by the end of this month.

His paypal address is: jalopydriver88@yahoo.com

sweet thanks. Oh you think these would work with 4.5" suspension lift

hey electrician did you get the control arms yet?

yea ronin i saw the pics you posted. They look sweet as hell.

oh wrong month then...lol Though it was end of last month. NM them. I must be so excited im mentally pushing time ahead. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I need to buy some for my 07 Is he cranking out more than one set?

Back