4th Gen Explorer Pictures | Page 31 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looks real good amigo. I must say I am a little biased towards your color.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks. I love the color. I like having something that's fairly unique. 10 years ago I had a '99 XLT 4x4 that was Chestnut color. This one reminded me of that.

looks great , do you have any rubbing with that wheel/tire combo ?

King of So Cal, it looks great as always!

DkCopper, the wheels look great. I absolutely love the gunmetal grey color.

Thanks man!

Thanks. They were originally the lighter color, but since I had to fix a little curb rash on one, I took the opportunity to repaint them a darker grey. It's VHT charcoal wheel paint, in case you're interested.

Thanks. They were originally the lighter color, but since I had to fix a little curb rash on one, I took the opportunity to repaint them a darker grey. It's VHT charcoal wheel paint, in case you're interested.

I really want to paint the grille and chrome rear trim piece gunmetal grey, but could never find a paint that was suitable for plastics...

Thanks for the info, though.

... As far as I could tell, nobody ever tried '99-'04 wheels on a 3rd/4th gen Explorer.

Not true! ;)
I use 99er wheels on my 2007 for about one year. And I love their backspace! Compared to stock they come out 30mm more at each side.

12566037ns.jpg

^ kgs

Been a while since I've been on the forum, so I decided to post a couple pics of my ex. Seeing how the only pics I've got on here are from when I bought it stock and when I put in my stereo... So enjoy...

The day I bought it
1048371919866_100000441161211_1048937_1882546577_n.jpg

Truxx lift kit, 33x10.5 R16 mud terrains, and easy body mods (i.e. removed side skirts for more ground clearance, and removed front lip.)
image.jpg

Sunday-funday
image-4.jpg

image-3.jpg

Easy mod. Plasti-dip stock wheels
image-2.jpg

image-1.jpg

Next step is too use Plasti-dip to paint the grill, emblems and fenders to match the wheels... also have a unique idea for exhaust that Im not going to blab about until I've finished welding it together, all I can say is it will be a CLEAN looking and affordable exhaust. Ill keep y'all posted on that one/do a write up of the build.

That is sick! The tires look awesome on it, and I like what you did with the wheels.

That is sick! The tires look awesome on it, and I like what you did with the wheels.

thanks! really simple to do. just covered up the ford emblems with masking tape and went to town. did two coats of plasti-dip (spray paint kinda). its a cool spray paint that dries with a similar texture to that of a bed liner almost. and the VERY cool part is if you mess up or just flat out dont like the result, let it completly dry and you can just peel it right off.!!!! i was SO skeptical at first but it really works hahaha

thanks! really simple to do. just covered up the ford emblems with masking tape and went to town. did two coats of plasti-dip (spray paint kinda). its a cool spray paint that dries with a similar texture to that of a bed liner almost. and the VERY cool part is if you mess up or just flat out dont like the result, let it completly dry and you can just peel it right off.!!!! i was SO skeptical at first but it really works hahaha

Very cool, I might just have to try it. :D

So nice to see more 4th gens with lifts.

Definitely nice Ex TN.
The blue with blacked out wheels and grill is going to look awesome IMO, especially with the lift and such.

But personally, I think leaving the Ford emblems alone would look cool because then there will be the blue to match the exterior (unless you're plastidipping the chrome lettering, not the blue background, which I don't think I've ever actually seen before).

Got me some new tires today. 255/70R16 General Grabber AT2s

Before:

P1010812.jpg

After:

P1020009.jpg

P1020013.jpg

P1020018-1.jpg

P1020011.jpg

P1020015.jpg

It needs a wash, but I'm liking the look of the tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks awesome!! :thumbsup:

Back