4th Gen Explorer Pictures | Page 54 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What wheels are these and what backspace?
Raceline 942GS Addict
17x9
0 offset

Also here's a little teaser of things to come

20210220_170945.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just got this thing (07 Explorer) with 150k on it. Someone crunched the hood (breaking the chrome hood trim) and busted up the grill, so I had to customize it :D I got a black bug guard, and black grill off ebay. The grill didn't have a mounting spot for the oval, but where there's a will there's a way ;)Bug guard doesn't completely hide the dent, so I'll probably find some touch-up paint and fix that up a little. Also installed some LED bulbs in the headlights (don't really need another pic for that), the cooler light temp plus more lumens does help, and it looks good too.

IMG_20210219_074657.jpg

Customizations soon to come: Delete bumper skirt, delete side steps (when kids get bigger), black the rims and put basically 31s on it (prob LT 265/70r16, but also might get 17s or 18s and passenger tires). Might lift it too.

Tires first, then doing some basic maint. to it before the remaining custom stuff (rear heat/vent actuator replace, ignition cylinder replace).

That thing looks pretty dang clean for its age!

14 years old and still looking almost like new inside and out. Just installed Diesel LED reverse light bulbs, very bright, I'll try to post pics showing how bright they are soon.

20210327_210756.jpg

14 years old and still looking almost like new inside and out. Just installed Diesel LED reverse light bulbs, very bright, I'll try to post pics showing how bright they are soon.

Looks Good. Can you give a link to the reverse bulbs?

They are bright

20210404_204507.jpg

Those are like headlights for the rear end!

That's pretty crazy. Are those not going to blind people when you back up? lol

That's pretty crazy. Are those not going to blind people when you back up? lol
Lol probably but it's not too often I'm backing up and someone is sitting behind me facing the same direction....I might actually hope for those moments

2.5 inch lift installed
Rhino push bar
Kmc rockstar rims
Roof Rack rails remove
Uaz Patriot modified snorkel
20210320_120922.jpg

20201010-171511-2_orig.jpg

20200701_075550.jpg

20200712_132256.jpg

20200712_144129.jpg

20210413_190317.jpg

Swapped out the red plastic one and installed an LED 3rd brake light

20210425_025941.jpg

20210417_210729.jpg

Installed a touch screen Radio, it looks and works great but I'm not sure about it. I'm just too old school maybe.

20210426_200718.jpg

It's definitely hard to beat the look and integration of the stock stereo, but I imagine that gives you some cool added features.

Installed a touch screen Radio, it looks and works great but I'm not sure about it. I'm just too old school maybe.
IMO, it is much better looking than these monstrosities they are putting in new cars these days. The size of the screens are ridiculous and in many cases obstructs the driver's view. I was fortunate enough to get a 4th gen with the navigation unit. It does everything I need and more. It does think I am off road at times due to it not having been updated since 2010. I like that it is not reliant on an internet connection for navigation. There have been a few times where my phone has lost signal and navigation stopped working and the head unit just keeps on doing its thing. In these areas there are no new roads so the lack of updates aren't an issue. I think yours looks factory and is not over the top with a large protruding screen. They sell head units now that have large screens sticking out from the dash that look nuts to me.

PUR PONY, what headlights are those? Are they projectors?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I
It's definitely hard to beat the look and integration of the stock stereo, but I imagine that gives you some cool added features.
I replaced the factory radio with this one a year ago, now looking at it i may put it back in......anyone want a deal on a touchscreen? Lol I'll give it a few weeks.

20210427_171940.jpg

Back