4th Gen Power Running Boards on 3rd Gen | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4th Gen Power Running Boards on 3rd Gen

Hello! It’s very cool! I have the same running boards but have no idea how to connect them! Can you give me some information about? Thank you
It's very complicated. It would take an entire day at least to explain it to you and tell you how to put it together and if you're not an electrical engineer or something you probably still wouldn't get it. It took us 2 weeks just to do enough testing to find out we needed to build a custom standalone control module and another week to figure out how, design it, program it, test it, and install it. He studied this for over a year I think before he ever even started trying to make it work lol. I offered to help, he told me what he needed, we tried it one way and it didn't work, so he said just make it work, so I designed a control module for it basically overnight and boom, here we are. Maybe you can talk him into selling you a controller and I'll build you one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's very complicated. It would take an entire day at least to explain it to you and tell you how to put it together and if you're not an electrical engineer or something you probably still wouldn't get it. It took us 2 weeks just to do enough testing to find out we needed to build a custom standalone control module and another week to figure out how, design it, program it, test it, and install it. He studied this for over a year I think before he ever even started trying to make it work lol. I offered to help, he told me what he needed, we tried it one way and it didn't work, so he said just make it work, so I designed a control module for it basically overnight and boom, here we are. Maybe you can talk him into selling you a controller and I'll build you one.
Can I bought this kind of controller from him? Can you ask please?!

Can you make a short video of this time relays and explain about wiring from motors to … I understand idea but don’t know how to connect them…

Can you make a short video of this time relays and explain about wiring from motors to … I understand idea but don’t know how to connect them…

334B103F-C1A6-484B-81CA-9DE324B8539C.jpeg

Hi! Can I talk with your engineer who makes controller for you please?

Back