4usa timing chain | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4usa timing chain

03trac

Reaction score
I was looking for feedback on members who purchased this chain. Hows it holding up? I don't have the money to buy a top of the line chain so was looking for info on these or any other cheaper option. I have exhausted the search button and im turning this over to you guys for help. Also do the heads have to be taken off the 2003's? Chiltons said they had to come off but wasn't sure. Any water pump recommendations(as far as brand go)? ANY help would be appreciated! Thanks guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nobody has done a chain? I see manufactures being thrown around but not much feedback. Again any help would be appreciated.

Ok I had mentioned I exhausted the search. I have already read that,thanks. What I'm looking for is real world experience along the lines of miles.

Well you may have exhausted that search in the Sport Trac forum but there are pages of posts overall and the 4.0L SOHC is used in various years and models. 2000StreetRod, that you kinda snipped there is probably one of the most experienced wrenches we have here and has several good threads on timing problems so try searching his posts and in other sections.:thumbsup:;)

I know he is a very smart guy and wasnt trying to snip anyone. Just was saying more or less that I can't find the info I'm looking for is all. Hopefully he didnt take me the wrong way.

Hi Mate , I bought one of these kits, from 4 usa, quality looks ok , been in the car for only 3500 kms, so far so good, its nice to start the car and no rattles, was a breeze to fit, no heads dont have to come off, cheers Pete

no offense taken

I know he is a very smart guy and wasnt trying to snip anyone. Just was saying more or less that I can't find the info I'm looking for is all. Hopefully he didnt take me the wrong way.

I took no offense at your comment. I realize that the OEM kits are expensive as is the tool kit to replace them. That's why I encourage members to add their experience with after market kits.

Back